Waders

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a good set for quading? I have never tried on a set let alone used a set. Are they relatively easy to put on and take off?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont like the ones with boots attched I bought the ones with out boots because if its to hot or the trail becomes dry which happens you can take them off and still have your boots,with out packing a extra pair and i normaly wear steel toe boots all the time anyway not rubber boots.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a good set for quading? I have never tried on a set let alone used a set. Are they relatively easy to put on and take off?

Canadian tire have a really good set, (Brown ones) with reinforced knees and azz. We wear them all the time, stay dry, warm and they wear forever. They are $120 and will go on sale, spring and fall for 20% off. The green yellow ones are garbage, you'll split the crotch out of them just getting on and of your machine.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use water proof bottoms that I have had for years, not bibs ,.. starting to get old though. I wear my rubber boots with the pants duct taped at the ankle :thumbsup2:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a set of chest waders I bought at Wal-Mart. They have the boots attached, and they don't breath so it can get a little warm in there, but they keep me dry. I used to wear waterproof pants duct taped to my rubber boots, but I blew a seal on more than one occasion, and ended up with a boot full of water.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine at wholesale sports in Edmonton. They are the brown Vinyl/pvc with reinforced butt and knees. They are a little warm in the hot summer but they do keep you relatively dry. They also have the ones with the waterproof sock on the legs so that you can wear separate boots. The ones I have are $119. If you want camoflage 169. The hip wadders I found were quite useless as you ended up with a wet crotch(which may be fine, but that is a different board!). I was glad I had mine yesterday at Long Island as I found a 3 1/2 foot hole filled with really cold water!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't ride without chest waders now after havin them....

Mud Mum

Reaction score
I've worn chest waders for about 3 years. Got 'em at Cdn Tire for about $80.

I love the fact that the boot IS attached because you don't have to worry about getting water in the boots. Comes in handy for hooking up the winch. If you get water in them you know you've had a good day :d

The posts above are right about the fact that they don't breathe at all. On a hot day you finish the ride a little wet, but at least you're clean.

D

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After getting soaked in ice cold water Sunday at Red Water this has me thinking the waders is the route to go. In the summer when I would have to worry about getting hot wearing rain pants and rubber boots is fine. But that ice cold water sucks. Damn painful. I didnt care that my quad was not running and just floating there, all I cared about is getting those boots off and the water out.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear carhartt rain gear(non-bibbed) occasionally the water gets deep enough to get into my MX boots but any rain gear or waders will certainly help. I would think anything like little kids footie pajamas would be hot as hell and bunch up.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well after yesterday 's ride i found out that the chest waders don't like the cold...... riped in 3 spots..... so don't use them in the cold....
im going to see if crappytire will warranty them.. they have a years on them so..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that must have been one major gas attack. next time don't do the top up so tight. :d

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well after yesterday 's ride i found out that the chest waders don't like the cold...... riped in 3 spots..... so don't use them in the cold....
im going to see if crappytire will warranty them.. they have a years on them so..

Are those the PVC or the neoprene ones?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought some neoprene ones from wholesale sports. Tried them in store and they fit ok. Wore them for about 10 minutes at home and they just felt to wierd so they are going back.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Best $$$ I ever spent at CT :beer:

Attachments

• 052408 011.jpg
    052408 011.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 83

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Personally I wear just carhart work pants or a set of FLY pants and alpine star boots. I considered chest waders but, really whats the point? Sure you stay dry but, what's the fun in that? ;) putting on wet stuff the next day just reminds you how much fun you had yesterday haha

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have close to 10 years on a set of neoprene ones with boots from crappy tire. The knee patches have fallen off, and the crotch has been gooped at the the seems once, but it is great being able to walk throught he water holes and stay warm and dry. They are too hot and don"t breath in the summer. Spring and fall they are tolerable with wicking longjohns.

The shark-skin style used for fly fishing are great. Wear whatever boots you want and these are thin and breathable. They are also over $300, so don't tear them. They are fairly durable, but still.

One guy I know, Super_Dave on S&M used to ride with orang heli hanson ones that were thin and breathable too. He had to do the duct tape around the boot thing, but it worked. He got them at mark's work wearhouse, but I haven't rode with him in a few years, so I'm not sure if they are still going.

Top Bottom