Voltage issues?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of a sledding trip here and my 13' SP is having some issues.

First thing that happened today was the handle bar warmer on the right side quit on me. No biggie.

So on the way out on the trail back, I notice the "battery" symbol show up on the dash for a few minutes and then goes out again. I also noticed once it was dark and with my sled idling, the headlights are really dim. Now here's the other weird thing, the high beam symbol on the dash stays on even if I click it to low beam.

Any ideas? I've read that some guys have had the light switch stay in between modes. I'm just heading out to play with the switch.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
hmm not sure but there is for sure a problem maybe the charging system but I cant really say as I have no experience with the sleds electrical. good luck and keep us posted when you find the problem.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the high beam switch recall last year? It was causing havoc on the early 13s.

Sent from my iPhone using

xmsummit154

Reaction score
so the dimmer switch was the problem Did u just cycle the switch and it works now or is the switch broken and needs to be replaced?? How did you test the switch??

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the dimmer switch was the problem Did u just cycle the switch and it works now or is the switch broken and needs to be replaced?? How did you test the switch??
Yep it was dimmer switch. I just cycled it hard a few times and everything went back to normal. Must have been a bunch of snow and ice built up in there. Just glad it's nothing serious.

Top Bottom