Visco lock issues

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have a 2007 Can Am Renegade, the visco lock has started acting up. Its having troubles releasing the left side. Every once in a while the left wheel will just grab and pull you that way and that's in 2wd. Then in 4wd it grabs hard on the left side, its a bit noisier that usual as well. Then you reef on it and you hear a 'ting' sound and it releases. There is new BRP oil in the diff as well. I can not find a total breakdown of the parts in there. I will remove and take it apart, and see whats up.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Get as much fire insurance as you can get by Friday and we will got for a ride ;)

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks Murry, Im not sure Stumpy would be to pleased with me if I went for a ride with you.:d

I found a used one on ebay for a decent price. I will grab it if I can for backup. Then find out what may be wrong inside of mine.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Dale he will fix it....

Attachments

• campfire.jpg
    campfire.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 122

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Sell it and upgrade. Time for a new one. U will like the 2012 stuff and so will everyone else! Or U can order a 2010 QE front diff and throw that in it.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I purchased a front diff on ebay today for $200, It still has the factory sticker on it, its said to have approx 300 km, but who knows till I see it. So in a week it should be here and I can install it. So it was for a newer outlander 400, so when you go to 07 Renegade and compare it with the 07 Outlander 400,500, 800 they all have the exact same part number. So in 08 it changes. I contacted a friend at Martin (Trent), he checked and the new part number for 08 -> is the same number in all the units. It superseded to this new number as the diff was upgraded. So I guess I just wait and see.

Top Bottom