Viper Turbos

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So no hype on the Viper Turbos? I know we are excited to get our hands on a few of them to build some attack sleds!
Our first build is a Viper MCX 190 with a 153 camo track, and 38" front end.
Nothing with too much hype just a simple turbo on a solid chassis.
We ride mostly in Golden and the old 174" 3" just really isn't for around here. Neither is huge boost.
Keep it simple keep the price down and make it clean.
Thoughts?

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds like it will be a very exciting sled to ride with the shorter track but another 80 hp minimum would make this a exciting sled with lotsa torque.
I know you being a excellent rider could put that machine with 80 less hp anywhere I can go.I 156 ce 3" would work good for you I am sure....well it would for me.lol
Post some pics as these builds take place,I am interested in one of these Vipers but might wait till next season to see if they build a mountain specific sled so I can bring it to you for the biggest hp kit MCX builds.
I sold my 310 mcx Apex a couple of weeks ago and know I an going to miss that extreamly reliable turnkey and ride sled.
cheers to you and the whole family there Aaron

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post pics as you go, my local dealer didn't bring in any vipers...:confused:

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds like it will be a very exciting sled to ride with the shorter track but another 80 hp minimum would make this a exciting sled with lotsa torque.
I know you being a excellent rider could put that machine with 80 less hp anywhere I can go.I 156 ce 3" would work good for you I am sure....well it would for me.lol
Post some pics as these builds take place,I am interested in one of these Vipers but might wait till next season to see if they build a mountain specific sled so I can bring it to you for the biggest hp kit MCX builds.
I sold my 310 mcx Apex a couple of weeks ago and know I an going to miss that extreamly reliable turnkey and ride sled.
cheers to you and the whole family there Aaron

Yep waiting for another year or more, the nytro will do till the we get a factory yammy that warrants the upgrade.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I'm building a 174 3" with Boost It HO Turbo as we speak. Racers Edge Skid, 38" front end, CR Tunnel ext and boards. Can't wait to ride it!

thedisposer

Reaction score
The one in Saskatoon was built by Robertson in Swift Current. Very nice build. Pics may be on his Facebook page. If he sees this thread I am sure he will post pics.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures 523555_663848523649090_677295824_n.jpg 1395189_663183017048974_1936550028_n.jpg

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Yes it turned out very nice. Thx for posting pics. 174x3" with MCX-270. Timbersled skid, avids, 38" front end, cr tunnel extension and cr extreme tube boards, cat vertical steering post, slp powder pro ski's and a few other goodies. Surprisingly light in the front. Haven't weighed sled yet though, but guys who ride these will be very impressed!!! - Cody

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice guys. Can you let us know what these weigh when you get the chance.
Have been running Doo and taking this year off due to knee operation .
Want to run boost and like the new viper and the 4 stroke for boost due to reliability .
2 stroke is nice for the weight but for a few pounds I would go 4 stroke.
Cheers

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to run boost and like the new viper and the 4 stroke for boost due to reliability .
2 stroke is nice for the weight but for a few pounds I would go 4 stroke.

I think there is more and more people thinking the same way. This will likely be my last season on a 2 Smoker. Gonna try out a boosted 4 stroke next year as well. Just gonna wait and see what Yammy comes out with for mountain sled options and then decide if its gonna be a Cat 1100T or a Yammy next year. :beer:

Last edited:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
My 174x3 Boost It Viper will be available for demo rides, just let me know when your headed west and we will set something up.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a T1100 last year with supposedly 260-280 hp.
I wouldn't even consider going that way. Absolutely horrible to ride and you can't hardly give these things away.
These new 4 strokes need to be below the 600lbs ready to ride in order to make them IMO fun to ride.
700 plus lbs is just to much.
Please throw on a scale.
The apex weight was 638 without fuel and 162 track.
All stock.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider going that way. Absolutely horrible to ride and you can't hardly give these things away.
These new 4 strokes need to be below the 600lbs ready to ride in order to make them IMO fun to ride.
Please throw on a scale.
All stock.

These sleds are not for woman

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Please throw on a scale.
All stock.
They will be within 30-40 lbs of an XM and a Proclimb. It might take a few lightweight goodies to get them there. I have a feeling there is something coming that will be almost the same weight as an XM, but will need boost. I could be wrong though.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was hoping Neil and very acceptable for a four stroke.
I hope your right about a production sled and only needing boost .
You will be busy.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda gave up on the whole light weight sled thing when I looked around the table at the Grizz, and saw a bunch of 230+ lb guys; ordering plates of appies before a meal; then washing it all down with 8-10 beer each.

Top Bottom