Vinca/Bruderheim Clean-Up

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well we have been organizing a cleanup of the bruderheim/vinca bridge area, mostly the two staging area's. There is litter, bottles, cans, broken glass everywhere. The outlaw atv club will be coming out as well and lets clean this area up.

The Date: May 12, 2007

Place: Bruderheim/Vinca bridge area, we will put a map on here early next week

Time: we will meet between 10 - 10:30 and start cleanup just after that. There will be a snow and mud trailer and a outlaw atv club banner. Please come and say hi, bring some garbage bags and your own gloves. You don't have to have an atv. We will be cleaning both staging area's and other area's that have been littered. Picking bottles and cans. After the cleanup we will go for a ride, i dont figure the cleanup will take more than 1-1/2 hrs. Please let us know if you will be there.

Thanks,
Ron, Catmando, and the Outlaw ATV Club

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clean-up

I will be there and will bring the Snow Angels tub trailer and some post and signs for use. Good idea guys this will show stewartship for the area which may just buy some goodwill from the gov.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Bout Time You Cleaned Up Your Act>?

SINCE YOU ARE ORGANIZING SUCH A GOOD DEED, WHAT ABOUT GETTING THE PRESS INVOLVED?? NEWSPAPERS LIKE THE FORT PAPER, OR SHERWOOD PARK PAPERS, LIKE GOOD DEED STORIES.......FOOD FOR THOUGHT. THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY GET SOME GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION GOIN' YOUR WAY.:rolleyes:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am new to this area what are the direction to get to these areas. It is my birthday that day and the wife and I were already planning on going quadding somewhere! this might just be the place. Let me know how to get there, and maybe travel time from the Thorsby area?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am new to this area what are the direction to get to these areas. It is my birthday that day and the wife and I were already planning on going quadding somewhere! this might just be the place. Let me know how to get there, and maybe travel time from the Thorsby area?

It would probably be close to 1hr 45 minutes according to google maps.

SEE MAP HERE

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SINCE YOU ARE ORGANIZING SUCH A GOOD DEED, WHAT ABOUT GETTING THE PRESS INVOLVED?? NEWSPAPERS LIKE THE FORT PAPER, OR SHERWOOD PARK PAPERS, LIKE GOOD DEED STORIES.......FOOD FOR THOUGHT. THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY GET SOME GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION GOIN' YOUR WAY.:rolleyes:

If the Press shows up I will have to get a new helmet........LOL!Ha! Ha! Ha!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tried to upload a map from mapsource,tell's me its an invalid file,I will see if Ron has something,I know there used to be some good directions on here.I dont know the exact milage on every turn but here's basic directions
Northeast through Ft Sask for about 10 miles to Sec Hwy 830.You will pass a Turbo gas station on the right a couple miles before the turn off.Go North on Sec Hwy 830 about 8 miles or so( dont quote me on the milage)As you are going North you will start noticing quad tracks in the ditch on the right hand side.About 300 yards before the turnoff you want to take,there is another turnoff with a steel gate(ussually closed).There is a huge sandpit right on the corner when you turn.About a mile of straight gravel road there is a sharp right, follow the road for another half mile and the staging area is on the left!Will see if Ron can add to this!
catmando!

Last edited:
  • Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Directions

The Bruderheim / Vinca Bridge area, to get here head north on highway 21 straight through Fort Saskatchewan, the highway becomes highway 15 once you exit the Fort. You will pass a Gas station/restaurant on your right (country boyz), the next turn is only a couple of km past this. Turn left on the next secondary highway on your left (north). Hwy 830. Then head north down that highway this is probably about 8 - 10 minutes down this road on your right, You have to go under 2 sets of overhead wires once your past there your close, keep an eye in the right (east) ditches for sand and trails, theres will be a big sand area where those trails are, turn right down that gravel road and follow it (east) it will turn to the right (south) go down that road about 2 km and on the left there is a large staging area and most likely alot of vehicles..

Google map address is..

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&...l=en&tab=wl&q=

Just zoom out a little..

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please post if you are planning of heading out so we know roughly how many people may show up. So far

Rknight111
Catmando

Alot of Outlaw members

I am planning on coming out with my wife, I think I have it all figured out on how to get there???.....I HOPE.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am planning on coming out with my wife, I think I have it all figured out on how to get there???.....I HOPE.

Maybe see if you can get a cell phone number from Ron, or Catmando, at least that way if you get lost you can phone someone for assistance, or if you change your mind last minute they won't be waiting up for you. Just my :twocents:

SwampRat

Reaction score
hey ron grate idea.you can count on swamprat'candoo and dragonlady possably scramman as well .see you out in the mud!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe see if you can get a cell phone number from Ron, or Catmando, at least that way if you get lost you can phone someone for assistance, or if you change your mind last minute they won't be waiting up for you. Just my :twocents:

I want tylerg cell phone so I can come find you if you dont show up!.....LOL!
Just kidding,hope you can make it!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I want tylerg cell phone so I can come find you if you dont show up!.....LOL!
Just kidding,hope you can make it!
catmando!

I'm not too sure about this event yet, but I will let y'all know by End of Day Thursday

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Cleanup!

Well I think it was a success,we cleaned up the staging area and made it much nicer to look at.Although I honestly thought more people would have shown up.Outlaws put up a banner but only one member was present,Addicted,a very nice guy and a big help.We had a ok showing with about 8 of us showing up and a few people that seen what we were doing pitched in.I wish I could remember everyones name.I'll leave that to Ron.Sledderglen came out and brought a sign that we can only hope people will read and take it seriously.I'm glad I got to be a part of it and made a difference.The area looks much better!The real bonus was meeting some really great people and making some new riding buddies!Will try to post a few more pictures in my gallery.All that being said.........Then we went to play in the mud,had a blast and got stuck lots,I know its hard to believe...Catmando stuck LOL!
catmando!

Attachments

• IMG_1082.JPG
    IMG_1082.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 116

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks

Thanks to all that came out to help clean up, Catmando, Swamprat and his wife, Can-Doo, Scramman, Sledderglen, Addicted from the Outlaw club, the other guy that helped for a bit because he seen us working. We cleaned up the staging area and It sure looks alot better, now lets keep it that way!! I took the garbage to the clover bar landfill today and dumped 420 kg. of garbage that we collected.
Sledder glen put some signs up as well, thanks, "Make tracks not trash" I hope this gets noticed and people think before they throw stuff out.

I also wish more people would have come and helped. We could of done a bigger area. When you go there bring a garbage bag and pack out some garbage if we all do that it will be a cleaner place. By the way the dump fee was $20.00 and that was looked after by snowandmud.com

RON

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I would have come out but I had to work, gotta pay for the bills. Thanks guys you did a great job, went out there today(sunday) and saw the sign and how nice and clean it was.

Top Bottom