Vin locked tuner

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to unlock a tuner that's vin locked? I bought an 08 dodge with dpf delete and an XRT pro. Didn't drive much all winter since it's just my tow rig but lately since I started driving it more it smokes like a chimney. I'm assuming it's on a hot tune so I'd like to put it back to stock power, but when I tried today I kept getting a vin error. I don't know why someone would sell a truck with the wrong tuner, all that means is that whatever truck my tuner is locked to can no longer be adjusted either. So is there any way to unlock it? Or should I try to find a used one that's been unlocked? Just not sure what my best option is now.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give h&s a call. There easy to get unlocked, I don't even think they charge for it, but they might. You just need a new file for your truck. will involve a cable, laptop and 15 min

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would I still be able to get a file for deletes? I know they don't sell these new anymore for legal reasons.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be ale to get a file for deletes as you are in Canada they are not allowed to sell them to the us market only

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a Bully Dog given to me from a bud and all it took was a phone call and they cleared his serial number off it no problems for free.
They walked me through it step by step,took all of a minute or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom