Viking Elks 2 Poker Rally

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will there be signs to let people know how to get there if there not familiar with the area

We will have signs in town. They will direct you to the mutliplex. Our multiplex is the curling club/golf course. Go north of new carena and you run right into multiplex. We will have lots of signs out. Hope to see you there.:d

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we need insurance and reg for this ride? A buddy just phoned me and they turned him around at blackfalds poker rally today b/c he had no insurance or registration.

We wont be turning anyone around. It will be up the the rider if they want to ride without registration or insurance. Like i said earlier this is a local fundraiser that everyone knows is happening. The rally will be across open fileds some trails and a little playin in the hills so come out lets have some fun.:d

rosey

Reaction score
Right on we will be there for sure. Hows the snow looking? It may be pretty scarce by the end of Feb. Hope not really want to attend. Keep us posted.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on we will be there for sure. Hows the snow looking? It may be pretty scarce by the end of Feb. Hope not really want to attend. Keep us posted.

Right on Rosey good to hear that you'll be there. Went for a ride yesterday and the stubbles fields are 10"-22" not bad just have to stay below -5. Any questions give me a call at (780) 385-6339

Last edited:

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys the rally is still a go, the snow has stuck around and there is still some good riding. We started scoutin today and we are going to have nice snow all 60 miles gone be a good ride and so far forecasters are sayin good weather. Come on out and lets all have a good time, going to be a great rally, as well as the helmet coat and pants for top prize we are doing a rfalle for a new helmet and have been recieving lots of prizes. thanks to everyone see you on Saturday:d

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about some guys but not having to have insurance is kind of a turn off for me. Hopefully those that don't have insurance have deep pockets in the event of an accident. You hit it you bought it :eek:. What about the land owners who's property you are going on, how are you protecting them, just saying?? Don't want to piss anyone off just stating the obvious and even so I will probably still go, you can spit at me when I get there LOL.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about some guys but not having to have insurance is kind of a turn off for me. Hopefully those that don't have insurance have deep pockets in the event of an accident. You hit it you bought it :eek:. What about the land owners who's property you are going on, how are you protecting them, just saying?? Don't want to piss anyone off just stating the obvious and even so I will probably still go, you can spit at me when I get there LOL.

We have let all landowners know that the rally is on and anyone that had concerns is to contact us. We have had the ad in the local paper and so far no calls to say we cant ride on their property yet. There is some winter wheat seeded so we have to avoid that. About the insurance thing most evryone has insurance and registration, if they dont u are right they might need to have some deep pockets. Ride at own risk. Make sure you put your usernames on the sign in sheets so that we know how many S&M ers there were to support us. When i see you saturday no need to spit on you, just need to have a drink when rally is done. Take care see you saturday.:d

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now there is politically correct reply if I ever saw one :d Thanks and see you at the derby Saturday :snowmobilers_wave:.

durion

Reaction score
Is that $35 per sled or rider. And most importantly are you charging for young kids to hang on the back of a sled. Seems harsh to pay for a 6 and a 4 year old to hang on. And who knows if they'll even hang it out for the day??

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that $35 per sled or rider. And most importantly are you charging for young kids to hang on the back of a sled. Seems harsh to pay for a 6 and a 4 year old to hang on. And who knows if they'll even hang it out for the day??

It is 35 a sled we are not charging for kids to ride. We do have kids door prizes so you have to get some door prizes tickets. See you saturday, tell everyone you know to come on out.:d

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys rally is tomorow it is still on we marked out 62 miles of trail. Roughly 8"-14" in the fields. Nice riding. See everyone tomorrow. Come support us and the local school playground. :d

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the Viking Elks for putting on a great rally today, snow conditions were good and we had a great ride, loved all the hills in the feilds, great for stubble wheelies:). Won some decent door prizes too, See you next year.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the Viking Elks for putting on a great rally today, snow conditions were good and we had a great ride, loved all the hills in the feilds, great for stubble wheelies:). Won some decent door prizes too, See you next year.

Hey thanks alot. Was some nice snow decent day except the rain for some guys. I marked on thursday and ran it first thing in the morning and those hills where awesome. Anything that you would like to see done different next year? Thanks for the support :d

rosey

Reaction score
Awesome ride. The women really enjoyed it as well as us guys. Thanks for the rally. I think there was about 17 of us in our group. Everyone had a blast. See you all next year.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome ride. The women really enjoyed it as well as us guys. Thanks for the rally. I think there was about 17 of us in our group. Everyone had a blast. See you all next year.

Thanks for coming and supporting our Elks. Already talking about what we are going to do different next year. Any suggestions would be great. Hope you got some decent doorprizes as well. Thansk alot.:beer::d

Top Bottom