Jet Boat Poker Rally

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody!
Our 7th annual Athabasca Jet Boat Poker Rally is on July 11th 2015 (Saturday) Approx.. 80 mile run. As usual, live music,(country rock) Kids' scavenger hunt, great camping locations! Riverside Recreation Area) Supper plans TBA. Cash prizes for the top three hands, bonus prize for 1 boat owner, as well as lots of great door prizes. Once again we will be having a boat rodeo on Sunday July 12 if we get enough interest.
Rally hosted by Grand Rapids Wilderness Adventures Registration is at the riverfront boat launch in the town of Athabasca on July 11th from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. ($20.00 registration fee per boat, $10.00 per hand)
We are growing every year! Last year's rally attracted over 50 boats! Help us make our 7th annual another great success! Once again this year we will be raising funds for local community organizations/charities.
If anyone would like to sponsor a checkpoint to promote your product or group, or donate a door prize, please give us a call. For more info on the rally please contact Darcy or Shirley @ 780 675-3784
For more information on a great jet boating destination for the summer of 2015 please us check out at www.athabasca-river.com

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not knowing anything about the Athabasca river, how skinny is it in the sections you host the event in. I'm new to jet boating and would like to one day come to events like this.

Thanks

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not skinny at all....in fact it's like driving on the lake. The river is vary wide for the hole rally.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotboost you gonna be there? Pretty sure were gonna head down, White Outlaw Nahanni with green pinstripes.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope.....not going, Darcy the guy that sets it up from Grand Rapids has a bad attitude when it comes to nice looking river boats. He thinks that if its not all banged up piece of **** like his boat it's not a real river boat. There is no respect when parking and think it's ok to rub up along side a newer nice looking boat. Keep it in the lake he says lol. Well I've got 68 hours on my new boat now and the sides and top look like new........not sure how the bottom looks tho. But those are the words of the event organizer. Bed ****ter mentality.

grwadventures

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't appreciate you spewwing your **** about me. I said nothing of the sort. You were whining like a smashed cat about getting a scrape on your jet boat and this is what I said (you can find it in the outlaw forum)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 am Post subject: Scratches, dings, dents, & hissy fits

This year ther will be a number of options available to avoid getting scratches, dings, dents and throwing hissy fits.
#1 Try parking a safe distance from other boats. (you may actually have to walk a short distance through the bush)
#2 Buy some buoys.
#3 Park by the guys that know how to tie up there boats
#4 Go to the lake and drive around in circles
#5 And the best way to avoid ever getting a blemish on your way to shiny "river boat" is to leave it on your trailer.

Just Saying.
DZ And by the way! My piece of **** riverboat has well over 1000 hrs on. It only gets that way from proper maintenance, fresh engines and pump rebuilds. If there are any people with bedwetter mentalitys on this thread, they have just come to light. Wish you were coming this coming this because I would love to bump into you, but don't bother because you sir are not welcome at this one or any of the next!
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 am Post subject: Scratches, dings, dents, & hissy fits

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy! I don't know the story but no one likes there boat to get a scratch on it, lot of people take pride in there stuff looking good! I see you made no friends on here and you wont be coming on here to start a pissing match! Bye the way you have conducted yourself here I would say that Chris's story is the closest to the truth!

grwadventures

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I like everyone else take offence to people that call other peoples equipment pieces of ****, mis-quoating what I said to make me and my event look bad, and saying that I have a bed wetter mentality. I take back nothing of what I said. If you want more of the whole story check out the outlaw eagle forum and his original post. Its right at the top because I thought I should share his derogatory comments about me, my event, and to let people know that what he wrote, about what I said, in this forum is a lie. And that he is not welcome at any of our future events...plain & simple.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING :: View topic - Athabasca poker rally.......edicit.

Heres the link to the outlaw fourm, do we like trading paint in boats, no, does it happen? yes, accidents and misjudgments do happen, wether it be inexperience, river current or whatever, I have a couple of bouys
for my boat for these type of events due to usual tight parking at some check points, totally understandable, not to many place you can find 5 spots for 60 boats to park in a 40 mile loop,
Darcy and Shirly put on an awesome event and we are looking forward to attending again this year.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like everyone else take offence to people that call other peoples equipment pieces of ****, mis-quoating what I said to make me and my event look bad, and saying that I have a bed wetter mentality. I take back nothing of what I said. If you want more of the whole story check out the outlaw eagle forum and his original post. Its right at the top because I thought I should share his derogatory comments about me, my event, and to let people know that what he wrote, about what I said, in this forum is a lie. And that he is not welcome at any of our future events...plain & simple.

Darcy would you please copy and paste the thread from mean chicken please on the same subject. I saw it last week and cant seem to find it???????????? The original thread was stated on mean chicken for everyone to see. So post the thread. This was just my experience with your rally.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that last post!! That's how it should be. Darcy your reply to the same post on the mean chicken site was quite different, since you decided to pull this up go back into your history and post your response please for everyone to see. For the record I haven't been back to your rally nor do I want to let's face it it's really not to exciting river boating North of Athabasca lol. I run shallow tight channels with my boat as well with the 5 other 100k boats in out group and you know what the paint and the sides all look great. The 70 plus hrs I have on my new boat is in the last 2 months as it was picked up in late April. All of its use is technical shallow sliding of the bottom ****. So it is possible to still have a sweet looking river boat that still runs extreme,So your comments like (KEEP IT ON THE LAKE) and (GO ROUND AND ROUND) or the best one KEEP IT IN THE SHOW ROOM. Shows the lack of respect you have for other boats. I like having nice **** that looks good and performs and it's my business as I build custom sleds for a living. There a lot of people like me out there that value there toys as much as I do mine. So as you say (you can't wait to pull up beside my boat) bring your wallet bud because you'll be painting the side of mine after you **** it up!! Here's a pic so you know which one to rub up on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 199
Top Bottom