Viking Elks 2 Poker Rally

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well already got our second annual poker rally figured out. It will be on the last weekend of February again, Feb 27 2010. You will be able to sign in from 10-12 at the Viking Multiplex (Curling rink/Golf course) Top prize this year will be a Helmet, Coat and Pants. As well as lots of other door prizes. Entry fee will be 35$ and will include a hot dog at half way and chilli when the ride is over. We will be making this course 60 miles again and will have a bit of everything for riding. Bring the family out and lets all have a good time, see everyone in February. If there are any questions or you are looking for more info you can call klswine (kyle) at (780) 336-3071 or cell (780)385-6339 or Disfunk at (780) 336-3239 or cell (780) 385-8515

disfunk

Reaction score
hey its nice to see people checking out our rally already, I didn't have a sled last year and worked parking. Now i got me a cat and cant wait to mark trails and run course this year. Just wondering if there was anyone from S&M who was at the rally and what the thought of it and what we could do to make it better. Thanks for any info. And if Klswine forgot all proceeds this year are going to the Viking School playground fund. Thanks again:d

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, we had 100 riders last year and are aiming for 150, with a good 60 miles of different terrain and a dog at the shack half way, chilli when you are done. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.:beer:

CatCory

Reaction score
Well hopefully by then should be good. We do have a fair amount and I'm loving it. I'm sending it your way now!

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks man we'll take it. We rode ditches on sunday, lots of time between now and Feb.:beer:

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an update put 80 miles on over the last couple of days and the riding is getting better. Getting a nice base setup and hope things only get better. Hope to see everyone in February.:d

m/c 1000

Reaction score
there was good riding north of gas camp to the iron bridge last year . maybe the trail could go over the bridge then east. was awesome conditions there in feb last year. might put 5-10 more miles on.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, we are going to change some things up this year. Will let Bucko know, we kind a follow him. Hope to see everyone out and lets keep doing our snow dance!!:beer::d

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well a little update for everyone, we have about a foot foot and a half in the stubble fields, The tops of the summer follow fields ar a little wind swept. But there are some big drifts to play in. We should have nice snow for rally as long as it stays. Post pic from sunday. this drift is about 5' deep and sooooft.

Attachments

• DSC01944.jpg
    DSC01944.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01945.jpg
    DSC01945.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01948.jpg
    DSC01948.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 51

rosey

Reaction score
Do we need insurance and reg for this ride? A buddy just phoned me and they turned him around at blackfalds poker rally today b/c he had no insurance or registration.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the cops are there u need both and u should have both any ways specially insurance big fine if caught with out

idothedoo

Reaction score
will there be signs to let people know how to get there if there not familiar with the area

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quads welcome and do ya need to be plated and insured?

hey sorry no Quads allowed and there are to many sleds to check registration and insurance, You ride at own risk. We have a RC on our Elks and they are really relax about it. No one been checked yet no one will get checked at rally.:d

Top Bottom