Vigilante Farmer

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think about the farmer who got 90 days in jail for giving the quad thief some bird shot in the butt?You can go to the other forum'just about anything goes' for my complete rant but I think he should have gotten off!!!But I guess the poor thieves were drunk and on drugs and didn't know what they were doing!!!B...SH..!!!!!:realmad:

jazzman

Reaction score
I think he did the right thing! Maybe it would stop some of these losers that don't work and have to steal the honest man's toys that they worked hard for a living! Good for him we should send him some thank you cash. He should have gotten off and recived a medal! And is that not the excuse for all these azz clown's when they break the law! They are drunk stoned or their mother did not hug them enough! :rant:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he did the right thing! Maybe it would stop some of these losers that don't work and have to steal the honest man's toys that they worked hard for a living! Good for him we should send him some thank you cash. He should have gotten off and recived a medal! And is that not the excuse for all these azz clown's when they break the law! They are drunk stoned or their mother did not hug them enough! :rant:

Last I checked, being under the influence if drugs and drunk to the point of incoherence were crimes.... So why are they valid legal defences? It's insanity that those who make choices in their lives to rob and victimize others get off the hook with even more inane excuses.

"The first time it is a mistake. The second time it is a choice."

Meanwhile, the hardworking honest guy who defends his rights, families and hard earned property is a criminal.

Rulings like this send a message to criminals that they can continue to get away with their crimes. On the flip side, a certain portion of would-be vigilantes are upping the ante to ensure that the theives they catch don't get to tell the tale.

When did the notion of right and wrong get so convoluted ??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the farmer got off 90 days verses 10 years. when ya bring a gun into the action ya better use it, thief had ditched the quad, farmer shot the guy in the back, and him and a bud or 2, roughed the guy up. we need tougher consequences for crimminals,

is there a di9fference between someone who steals a quad and someone who cheats on his taxes. is there a difference?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the farmer got off 90 days verses 10 years. when ya bring a gun into the action ya better use it, thief had ditched the quad, farmer shot the guy in the back, and him and a bud or 2, roughed the guy up. we need tougher consequences for crimminals,

is there a di9fference between someone who steals a quad and someone who cheats on his taxes. is there a difference?
yes...there's no "heat of the moment"

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes...there's no "heat of the moment"

so just because you can't control yourself, anything and everything is ok. you may find yourself in the same court some day trying to defend your actions, good luck.

i don't agree with shooting a unarmed guy in the back, kind of chicken shheeet.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so just because you can't control yourself, anything and everything is ok. you may find yourself in the same court some day trying to defend your actions, good luck.

i don't agree with shooting a unarmed guy in the back, kind of chicken shheeet.
how do you get out of that, that I would shoot someone in the back? I'm merely pointing out the difference between sitting at your desk and changing a few numbers, as opposed to deciding to go onto someone's property and commit a crime....there is a big difference in emotion between catching someone fudging numbers and finding someone on your turf stealing your stuff. the one more likely to get shot is the one stealing your stuff....no?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
generally that is why we have laws of conduct. and why ya can't have handguns in this country. keeps the uncontrollable from killing people. ui see little difference between a quad thief and whit collar crimes, yer still stealin from me.

if ya pull a gun ya better be prepared ta use it. and take yer lumps. or learn to controll yerself.

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
generally that is why we have laws of conduct. and why ya can't have handguns in this country. keeps the uncontrollable from killing people. ui see little difference between a quad thief and whit collar crimes, yer still stealin from me. if ya pull a gun ya better be prepared ta use it. and take yer lumps. or learn to controll yerself.
Youre big on the hugs today...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the farmer have gotten off scott free if HE was drunk and stoined? :confused:
oooh, good call....and maybe he was on the fifth and final Death Wish movie that he got in the box set for xmas from his daughter that had recently passed away....I think you're onto something here.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
generally that is why we have laws of conduct. and why ya can't have handguns in this country. keeps the uncontrollable from killing people. ui see little difference between a quad thief and whit collar crimes, yer still stealin from me.

if ya pull a gun ya better be prepared ta use it. and take yer lumps. or learn to controll yerself.
geez Larry, hope you have a decent rear view mirror so you don't crash while back pedalling....answer the question, who is more likely to get shot committing which crime?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really i just get a kick out of all the peeps that are gonna kill something on here. i think the bashaw farmer got a lesson in the punishment fitting the crime, hope he leaves his gun at home next time. and i think the laws need to be enforced not sort of. i'm sure someone is gonna get killed for stealing a donut sooner or later.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geez Larry, hope you have a decent rear view mirror so you don't crash while back pedalling....answer the question, who is more likely to get shot committing which crime?

pretty much why we don't carry handguns these days. generally killing someone usually don't fit the crime. so lets see the out of controll hot head would likely be shootin ya happy.

start enforcing the laws and sentences that are in place, ya get 90 days ya serve 90 days, ya get life = 20yrs not 7, as they do now.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt there were a lot of laws broken by all the parties involved. But I honestly think the farmer would be just with having a fire arm in his possession when someone simply trespasses on his property. As far as pointing the gun and pulling the trigger, that's a serious deal. But catching the losers trying to steal his quad, then dealing with it with his own hands is totally understandable. People are emotional creatures. I think roughing someone up is pretty logical in the way a person's head is going to work in the given situation.

As far as the 90 days. Yes that was necessary. No one can get away with shooting in a persons direction. An accidental death leads to a man slaughter charge. Knowingly pulling the trigger with the knowledge of what a fire arm is designed for means you gotta deal with some repercussions. just my 2cents.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt there were a lot of laws broken by all the parties involved. But I honestly think the farmer would be just with having a fire arm in his possession when someone simply trespasses on his property. As far as pointing the gun and pulling the trigger, that's a serious deal. But catching the losers trying to steal his quad, then dealing with it with his own hands is totally understandable. People are emotional creatures. I think roughing someone up is pretty logical in the way a person's head is going to work in the given situation.

As far as the 90 days. Yes that was necessary. No one can get away with shooting in a persons direction. An accidental death leads to a man slaughter charge. Knowingly pulling the trigger with the knowledge of what a fire arm is designed for means you gotta deal with some repercussions. just my 2cents.

I have to agree here. I also agree with the Judge that stated the mitigating factors is that the guy fired 2wice at the thief. 2nd time while he was on the ground if I am not mistaked. Shooting a guy in the back 2wice while he is running away from you is not justifiable. Luckily he didnt kill or paralyze the thief. The thief was in the wrong but so was the farmer. Lethal force was definitely not justified here.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My theory,
If guy has to defend his family, and is in immediate danger... on his own property, OR LIFE....YES he can use defensive force,whether it be firearms, knife, or whatever.
If a guy sees some petty thieves trying to steal a quad at the edge of his propertyline, chases one with a vehicle, running them off the road, miles away from his property, and then shooting at them while they are attempting to escape.... UHH no, thats a little excessive.
Theft under $5000 is one thing, but intent to injure, let alone the threat of hurting someone in a way that could effect his life, or possibly end his life is another.
Especially when his family or personal safety was not at danger.
It's all about accountability.

Some of you guys watch too many clint eastwood movies.

The judge was correct on this one/

Top Bottom