Video of TSS Turbo E-TECH for the Doo Fans

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a 2010 Cat M8 with boondockers pump gas, truly has been a pull and go sled never been stranded with it once, just sayin!!!

Cat had better luck with th efi system and now doo is following now with etec turbo apps still think the turbo 4 stroke with go longer life with less hassle.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I would really like to see one of these in person. I have been toying with the idea of a turbo for a few years. Just have a few honest points:

1. Im not into pulling big chutes. I like ripping around in the trees. Is the power going to be usable for this, or kind of a waste.

2. I have no interest in tinkering/tuning. I want to fuel up, top off the oil, pull the rope and go. If I do a top end each season as preventative maintenance, whatever.

3. I like helicopters, but I don't want to pay for my sled to go for a ride.
Our 2 stroke turbo's have been very reliable. Pulled the motor down from our 2011 Pro after 2 seasons and the pistons were perfect. New pistons and a hone job and good to go again.
Unless your buddies have turbo's then they are not going to want to ride with you much. Nobody really needs a turbo, but it's like anything else in life...sometimes you want more.
I would say there is more wrenching with a turbo sled, but not a lot. The best thing to do is preventative maintenance and they should be fine.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Ive often wondered about shops sending out kits to customers, most problems in my life have stemmed from putting things in places they shouldn't be. But joking aside,your product is going out there then us dummies get our hands on it and fk things up, or are they fairly idiot proof to install.
Shipping kits to people without turbo experience is always a gamble. We are not shipping any kits this year, but rather give a good deal for the install. We would rather do that than spend hours on the phone. Most anyone with turbo experience could do a quality install in a couple easy days.

We will make a shippable kit for next year and the turbo, oil tank, oil pump, electronic boost controller, oil drain, oil feed, air intake tube, and exhaust will be an assembly that goes on with two bolts. We will have it all on a stand at the sled show so people can play around with it and have a look. The water to air, motor mounts, reed modification, and vaccuum signal mod is really the mechanical end of it.
The rest is just electrical and is mostly just plug in to a factory power plug and then running wires to where they need to be. Mounting the gauges will be easy, as they will also come as an assembly that just bolts to the riser using the factory riser bolts.

We tested our turbo kit for an entire season so could work out all of the kinks and nail the fuel mapping. The last month of riding we did not have to touch anything. Just pull the rope and go. We have good enough barometric pressure compensation so no adjustments need to be made for elevation or air pressure swings. If any adjustments do ned to be made, it only takes 30 seconds and no laptop required.
I know TSS has been busy making some small changes to their kit for this season and they will be upgrading some kits from last season with these changes. We have also upgraded the fuel control for the E-techs and the Cats so it has more compensation for barometric pressure.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our 2 stroke turbo's have been very reliable. Pulled the motor down from our 2011 Pro after 2 seasons and the pistons were perfect. New pistons and a hone job and good to go again.
Unless your buddies have turbo's then they are not going to want to ride with you much. Nobody really needs a turbo, but it's like anything else in life...sometimes you want more.
I would say there is more wrenching with a turbo sled, but not a lot. The best thing to do is preventative maintenance and they should be fine.

Never really thought about this part. Thats a very good point though.

SkiDoozer

Reaction score
Done and done!! Kit was a dream to install. Easy with great service from Brandon @ TSS who answer any question i had while i was installing it. Ya give me a shout sometime and stop over for a beer.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoozer, Going riding with Brandon on the 19ish, make sure everything is good to go on my TSS E-tech, They did My install, I have completly gone over the entire sled now that I got it back at the sled show this week. Brandon has been great to work with keeping updates, and asking him questions via text almost every day this past week! Went with the Full Water/Air Kit, with there Pipe. DSC02014 - Compressed.JPG

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shipping kits to people without turbo experience is always a gamble. We are not shipping any kits this year, but rather give a good deal for the install. We would rather do that than spend hours on the phone. Most anyone with turbo experience could do a quality install in a couple easy days.

We will make a shippable kit for next year and the uturbo, oil tank, oil pump, electronic boost controller, oil drain, oil feed, air intake tube, and exhaust will be an assembly that goes on with two bolts. We will have it all on a stand at the sled show so people can play around with it and have a look. The water to air, motor mounts, reed modification, and vaccuum signal mod is really the mechanical end of it.
The rest is just electrical and is mostly just plug in to a factory power plug and then running wires to where they need to be. Mounting the gauges will be easy, as they will also come as an assembly that just bolts to the riser using the factory riser bolts.

We tested our turbo kit for an entire season so could work out all of the kinks and nail the fuel mapping. The last month of riding we did not have to touch anything. Just pull the rope and go. We have good enough barometric pressure compensation so no adjustments need to be made for elevation or air pressure swings. If any adjustments do ned to be made, it only takes 30 seconds and no laptop required.
I know TSS has been busy making some small changes to their kit for this season and they will be upgrading some kits from last season with these changes. We have also upgraded the fuel control for the E-techs and the Cats so it has more compensation for barometric pressure.

Hey Neil do you guys do a turbo kit for the etec? I didn't see one on your guys website.

Oh and do you know mike Dux?

Last edited:
Top Bottom