Vforce 3 reed's

mel.h

Reaction score
Hey anyone, put v-force 3's on my 01 Summit 700, some say I may have to change the jetting. I ran the sled after installation, noticed the change right away, smoothed the engine right out, but this was in Edmonton, curious about what it will do at McBride, hoping the DPM will adjust for the change. Anybody found the jet change necessary.:)

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put them on my 01 800 worked great in mountains.

*Joemama*

Reaction score
i really dont know what to tell you lol
i just bought a zr 600 with v force 3 reeds but its fuel injection
i think your current jet setting will be fine though

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It won't make big enough of a change to make you have to adjust the jetting of your sled. They put that on the package as a disclaimer to save their butts in case someone suspects that is the reason.

I put them in my carb sled and haven't done anything to it as far as jetting. If you have it so close to the edge of tuning that the vforces would blow it, you are running it way to lean to start with......

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those sleds are jetted so fat from the factory you dont have to worry.

we are running full dynoport exhaust and vforce reeds with no changes.

mel.h

Reaction score
Thank all you who responded, I did see the notice on the material from the box, figured they were just covering there butt, I was told this somewhere else & could not see the reason for having to change jet's because my thought was what the hay, the DPM should easily adjust for such a slight mod. Adios, thanks again, were closed on this one.:beer:

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Put these on my son's 2000 700 summit and didn't touch a thing. Run's great,although I'm thinking of shaving the fit between the air box and machine so that the air box is easier to remove / install.

mel.h

Reaction score
Yes, I do have to agree with u on the pain in the a-- it was to get the air box back on. Not so sure about shaving anything down though, it might mess with the seal on to the carb's. From a personal point of view I will probably put pod's on. If you do shave it down, post how it end's up, thank's.

Top Bottom