Vegreveille Snow Drags Sunday

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm, not sure I'll be heading to Vegreville tomorrow. It's a wait and see....

Warnings
City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park
3:36 PM MDT Saturday 21 March 2009
Winter storm warning for
City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park issued

Heavy snow and blowing snow expected for tonight and Sunday.

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

A strong low pressure system currently developing over southern Alberta and Montana is forecast to move north-northeast through southeastern Alberta tonight and into central Saskatchewan by Sunday. Snow will start over southern Alberta this evening and spread into the central and northern Alberta late overnight and early Sunday morning. On Sunday widespread heavy snow can be expected over many localities with amounts in the range between 10 to 20 centimetres by Sunday evening. In addition strong winds associated with this system can produce poor visibility in open areas due to blowing snow.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hope you can go...and if you do, Good Luck...

Attachments

• IMG_0231_2.jpg
    IMG_0231_2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 153

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dit not end up going, and I blame it all on Environment Canada.

With their warnings of "severe winter weather" being "imminent", and predictions of "10 to 20" on Sunday, I opted not to load the sleds Saturday night. Woke up a little late Sunday thinking there would be this massive and horrible storm outside. Didn't turn out too bad and I was a little upset by days end. Storm was not as horrible as Environment Canada made it out to be.

Have not heard how the highways were, or how the race turned out.

Too bad really. I would like to see more races in and around this province so hopefully Vegreville will keep going and have a yearly race.

Top Bottom