Vegas SHOOTING

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am no more afraid of a white walking down the street with something that looks like an AR then an Indian walking down the street carrying a hunting rifle with both of them saying they are going to kill everyone. Which have we seen more Alberta streets ????

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So set an example and sell all your guns then.

I already said I all for being able to defend yourself and the right to bear arms... but lets be real. The only person that would need a fully automatic ar and 100 rounds to defend themselves is hellen keller

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I already said I all for being able to defend yourself and the right to bear arms... but lets be real. The only person that would need a fully automatic ar and 100 rounds to defend themselves is hellen keller
Who has been saying they need a 100 round magazine for defence? Or a full auto for defence for that matter? The majority of people have them for the same reason they buy most things that are fun. Because they are fun to shoot. Same reason all these guys around here and down south are buying Tannerite. Or Turbo sleds. Or turbo sxs's.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Who has been saying they need a 100 round magazine for defence? Or a full auto for defence for that matter? The majority of people have them for the same reason they buy most things that are fun. Because they are fun to shoot. Same reason all these guys around here and down south are buying Tannerite. Or Turbo sleds. Or turbo sxs's.

They are fun? DAMN! better leave them legal then! rocket launchers are fun too.. Maybe they can lift the ban on RPGS!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I dont get some of these comments, or the arguments on rifles legal in Canada to own, but way more restrictions on them than the US.

The guns used in Vegas were AR type semi auto rifles. The definition of semi auto, is 1 round is fired for every press of the trigger. These rifles can be legally purchased in Canada. The differance between a AR type rifle and a semi auto hunting rifle is, the quality of which it is made.
Would I use a AR for hunting If it was legal? Oh yah. I still would even if it was full Auto capable.
Does anyone know what select fire means?

Now as for bump stocks, cool Idea thats gets around a loop hole, remember its still a semi automatic.
Well guess what? I dont need a bump stock to do close to the samething with a semi auto hunting rifle in Canada.

So why is this such a passionate debate on banning AR type rifles un the US when people own them in Canada? Is it education on the topic? Or the fear of not understanding?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You aren't scared of some random walking the streets with a legally purchased AR converted to a fully automatic with a 100+ round magazine? Tell me more about the dumptruck that hauls your balls around.

Absolutely not,

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More knives are used to kill Americans than "assault rifles" in any give year.

100 round mags are a novelty and don't function well, you don't see many LEO or military using them, besides 100 rounds rapid fire in most semi's will give you someplace to light your cigar.

Can someone explain how an AR-15 is functionally different than a Ruger Ranch rifle other than one makes people wet themselves because of media hype?

Tactical lever? Is this is scary as a machine gun?

http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-spx-centerfire-lever-action-rifle-41026/

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started this post being so sad that it actually happened and so many people's lives are changed for ever. After watching the CNN report on all the victims that died and who they actually were I am still sad but I am thinking WHAT THE CRAP HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME CRAZY ASS PEOPLE THAT WOULD DO ACTUALLY KILL THEM??????

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Here is a very interesting article on the "Why" and what precisely it is that snaps.

https://byrslf.co/thoughts-on-the-vegas-shooting-14af397cee2c

I started this post being so sad that it actually happened and so many people's lives are changed for ever. After watching the CNN report on all the victims that died and who they actually were I am still sad but I am thinking WHAT THE CRAP HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME CRAZY ASS PEOPLE THAT WOULD DO ACTUALLY KILL THEM??????

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1606.PNG

One of these is illegal to own due to the risk to human lives in the States.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 206502

One of these is illegal to own due to the risk to human lives in the States.

One is a toy of which 80% of accidents it was involved in were kids under 15. The other is a firearm and should be treated as such. For the record I don't support banning lawn darts either.
I have a better chance of being killed by someone driving with a cell phone than an "assault rifle".

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ this guy may have something there. lots of mental health cases out there. have heard a few who claim they don't get along with others. and lots have friends just not good friends,
I recall reading years ago that most of these sorts of things are done by people who are considered "loners.". This sort of dovetails into that. Message for me is you need to have some good buddies and you have to make time for play. Seems like we are in the right place to encourage those pursuits. :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recall reading years ago that most of these sorts of things are done by people who are considered "loners.". This sort of dovetails into that. Message for me is you need to have some good buddies and you have to make time for play. Seems like we are in the right place to encourage those pursuits. :)

i"ve seen it with our riding group, lots of guys are looking for new riding group/partners/friends. some fit into the existing group, some don't. only two i have said no to. core group are all like minded, like to ride, laugh at one another, but will do what needs to be done to keep everyone moving. find lots want to be "the Boss", tell everyone what to do, when to do it, etc. me i like everyone to have a good time, only had one incident that was going to get ugly, real fast. interesting to try and read what motivates people, as there are all kinds.

interesting to just stand back and observe anyone you know or meet, and fiqure out what makes them tick. i find that most seem to want something!

Last edited:
Top Bottom