Vegas SHOOTING

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folks I think this thread is starting to go off the rails. It was a horrendous thing that happened in Vegas. I matters not if the guns were full auto , semi auto, modified or stock. legally obtained or stolen. What matters is 58 people died in this tragic event and many more injured. Instead of arguing the gun issue we should all be taking the time to help console the ones that were affected by this heinous crime. There were a lot of good points brought up on the gun debate in this thread but I feel that that energy would be better spent helping those most affected by what happened on that dreadful day.

Let me start this off and hopefully change the direction this thread is going.

I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and prayers to all those individuals affected by the actions of one man.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folks I think this thread is starting to go off the rails. It was a horrendous thing that happened in Vegas. I matters not if the guns were full auto , semi auto, modified or stock. legally obtained or stolen. What matters is 58 people died in this tragic event and many more injured. Instead of arguing the gun issue we should all be taking the time to help console the ones that were affected by this heinous crime. There were a lot of good points brought up on the gun debate in this thread but I feel that that energy would be better spent helping those most affected by what happened on that dreadful day.

Let me start this off and hopefully change the direction this thread is going.

I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and prayers to all those individuals affected by the actions of one man.

Give me a break. Not this crap again.

So no meaningful discussion anyone! Just post up with your "thoughts and prayers", or whichever variation you prefer. Because that will do something.....

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those two people who warned the crowd they were all going to die, were a Hispanic male and female both being a height of 5'5". according to Hendricks. What about that key card being used by some one else to enter his room? Typical isis attack, but no evidence of isis being there or being involved. Let's hope it was just a lone wolf.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may or may not have been the north Koreans, them are evil

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yah have to wonder why this is even a discussion??
Just Remember the US has way better castle laws, so would your weapon of choice be if a intruder entered your house, and you had the right to defend your loved ones and your property?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yah have to wonder why this is even a discussion??
Just Remember the US has way better castle laws, so would your weapon of choice be if a intruder entered your house, and you had the right to defend your loved ones and your property?

If in my house, any means at my disposal,

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Why shouldn't it be legal? They are extremely fun to shoot. If you don't think an ar is accurate after a couple rounds then you haven't shot a good ar. Full auto and semi auto is extremely fun. I also find long range shooting fun too and relaxing. Just because you don't think a rifle can be used for anything but killing doesn't mean the rest of us that target shoot think the same way. I still remember being in the reserve shooting 3km out at night fall. Or sitting there at night watching guys shoot a ton of tracers. Its like watching fireworks. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it needs to be banned. There are a ton of people that would love a ban on all off road vehicles like sleds, quads and sxs's. Should they be banned? Lets try using some common sense here. Am I defending that fawking nut case?? Not a chance in hell. I feel sorry for everyone involved. But get off the BAN wagon already. Lets repair this at the base not just throw bandages on it which does nothing for the root case.

Im not living around bull$%^& weapons like that because you think they are FUN to range shoot... I HAVE ar's... and I have GOOD ar's... And I STILL think high capacity magazines are retarded. I also think fully automatic weapons are retarded... NO PLACE in the public hands. How is that even target shooting?? You ASSUME I dont undetstand. Repair all you want.. There is still going to be the "from my cold dead hands" people at the end of the day that are all.... "I NEED TO TARGET SHOOT AND DEFEND MY HOME! mg.jpg

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Give me a break. Not this crap again.

So no meaningful discussion anyone! Just post up with your "thoughts and prayers", or whichever variation you prefer. Because that will do something.....

So.... NO changes..... Nothing was the cause.... A few apologies and move on! THAT right there dude is the MAIN reason this garbage keeps happening. attitudes like that. Regardless of what side you stand on here that is by far the most detrimental thing you can do. Rest assured If I had a loved one in that crowd or one that was struck by a bullet I sure wouldn't be hauling around that attitude and I wouldn't give a $%^& about anyone's thoughts and prayers. Instead of trying to help these people AFTER these "heinous" crimes... Conversations like this and debates are trying to help these people... BEFORE they are affected.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not living around bull$%^& weapons like that because you think they are FUN to range shoot... I HAVE ar's... and I have GOOD ar's... And I STILL think high capacity magazines are retarded. I also think fully automatic weapons are retarded... NO PLACE in the public hands. How is that even target shooting?? You ASSUME I dont undetstand. Repair all you want.. There is still going to be the "from my cold dead hands" people at the end of the day that are all.... "I NEED TO TARGET SHOOT AND DEFEND MY HOME! View attachment 206479
What makes you think you are not living around it now? Fawk are you clueless. If you are in fear of them then you have an issue and should give up your AR's as you probably shouldn't own any guns.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"If" Trent lived on one side of me and a sex offender lived on the other side. Id be happy to know trent had AR's at his house. Lol

So if some are nervous about the thought of high capacity mags, and full auto weapons, because we dont have them in Canada.

Some canadians are scared of the guns we do have, so why not talk about banning all guns in Canada??

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"If" Trent lived on one side of me and a sex offender lived on the other side. Id be happy to know trent had AR's at his house. Lol

So if some are nervous about the thought of high capacity mags, and full auto weapons, because we dont have them in Canada.

Some canadians are scared of the guns we do have, so why not talk about banning all guns in Canada??
Ssssshhhhh.............the Liberals are listening.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a sign on your door "this house is gun free" just think how much safer you would be.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.... NO changes..... Nothing was the cause.... A few apologies and move on! THAT right there dude is the MAIN reason this garbage keeps happening. attitudes like that. Regardless of what side you stand on here that is by far the most detrimental thing you can do. Rest assured If I had a loved one in that crowd or one that was struck by a bullet I sure wouldn't be hauling around that attitude and I wouldn't give a $%^& about anyone's thoughts and prayers. Instead of trying to help these people AFTER these "heinous" crimes... Conversations like this and debates are trying to help these people... BEFORE they are affected.

I think you missed the point of Deans comment. He's sarcastically agreeing with you. Same as the avalanche threads we get where we can offer condolences, but the first time someone questions what happened or why they get dumped on and told this isn't the time or place.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
What makes you think you are not living around it now? Fawk are you clueless. If you are in fear of them then you have an issue and should give up your AR's as you probably shouldn't own any guns.

You aren't scared of some random walking the streets with a legally purchased AR converted to a fully automatic with a 100+ round magazine? Tell me more about the dumptruck that hauls your balls around.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I think you missed the point of Deans comment. He's sarcastically agreeing with you. Same as the avalanche threads we get where we can offer condolences, but the first time someone questions what happened or why they get dumped on and told this isn't the time or place.

Missed the sarcasm. My bad dean

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You aren't scared of some random walking the streets with a legally purchased AR converted to a fully automatic with a 100+ round magazine? Tell me more about the dumptruck that hauls your balls around.

Of course I am. But I am afraid of the guy not his choice of weapon. If the same guy was running around with a vehicle full of explosives and running people over should I be less afraid??

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what this whole argument rests on is whether people have the right to be armed in a manner that will protect themselves against government tyranny. From my understanding, that is the purpose of the second amendment. The only place that AR type weapons have IMHO are for this purpose. They have no practical application for hunting. And the argument that they are for "entertainment" value is weak. To me, the enjoyment that a select few might get from taking a military style weapon to a range and shooting for fun, is not worth the risk of having weapons like these in the hands of the general public. The only reasonable argument for the average person to have these weapons is having a civilian population that is positioned to defend themselves from a tyrannical government. Im not sure how accurate the previously posted item is that references the disarming of citizens, and the genocide that followed.....but if it is it definitely makes a good point about taking away peoples guns. But........things have changed a lot since then. Does a well armed population stand any chance against the current US military and the technology that they have?

And the whole argument that "Guns dont kill people...people kill people. Lets ban knives, and vehicles, etc"........is really lame. I think we need to limit dangerous items that have no other purpose, and that can cause mass casualties. If not, why dont we just let it be a free for all. Maybe the average citizen has the "right" to military grade explosives?? Its not explosives that kill people, people kill people right?

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Of course I am. But I am afraid of the guy not his choice of weapon. If the same guy was running around with a vehicle full of explosives and running people over should I be less afraid??

I understand what you are saying... But say there was a guy running up and down the streets screaming he was going to kill someone... You would be equally scared of him if he was carrying a baseball bat than if he was carrying a fully automatic ar with a few hundred rounds ready to rip? You cant be scared of people becuase you dont know WHO is capable. That is why im saying just TAKING the damn things out of the equation.

Top Bottom