Vegas SHOOTING

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't make it more deadly. Obviously if you through enough arrows at the board more will stick. But a .223 from a single shot is the same as a .223 from a full auto. It's still a .223

So then why is a semi auto or automatic gun required, as you say u only need one shot, as it has same effect.

Guns don't kill people just people with guns kill! Lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea what will fix the problem but to many loose canons running around with guns in my opinion, back to the old west i guess

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't make it more deadly. Obviously if you through enough arrows at the board more will stick. But a .223 from a single shot is the same as a .223 from a full auto. It's still a .223
I think you misunderstand me? Yes a bullet will do the same damage whether automatic or single shot. But there is no way that that guy in that situation is gonna kill 58 people and wound 518 in 10 minutes of shooting with any bolt action gun whether it is a 223, 308 or 50 bmg. That is my point. And that is if they all stood still and gave him the finger like the drunk guy that flipped him the bird did that went viral.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you misunderstand me? Yes a bullet will do the same damage whether automatic or single shot. But there is no way that that guy in that situation is gonna kill 58 people and wound 518 in 10 minutes of shooting with any bolt action gun whether it is a 223, 308 or 50 bmg. That is my point. And that is if they all stood still and gave him the finger like the drunk guy that flipped him the bird did that went viral.

You just proved what I have been saying, "the guy".

It's the crazies that make it dangerous. The gun by it's self will never do any harm, the person operating it makes it dangerous.

There was a meme in another thread stating when someone does a bombing they blame the person but when there is a shooting they blame the gun, or something to that effect.

This guy had a motive of some sort so it can be assumed that if the gun wasn't available he would have found other means. Have been many points to that effect in the last number of years.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A larger caliber bullet isn't going to do a god damn thing for a multiple causality when you are firing from an elevated position like that.. Its going to go straight through and hit the ground. If we was ground level that would be a different story. Are you guys trying to find where the problem is or perfect this guys killing spree? Put it this way... If I had two choices... running away from a guy in a pile of 20,000 people being shot at with a bolt action rifle, Or being shot at by a guy with a fully automatic rifle.... I dont give a $%^& what caliber it is.. Clearly bolt action is going to be a preferred option. a 223. round from a single shot is the same as a .223 from a full auto... the difference is the 99 ROUNDS THAT FOLLOW IT!

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You just proved what I have been saying, "the guy".

It's the crazies that make it dangerous. The gun by it's self will never do any harm, the person operating it makes it dangerous.

There was a meme in another thread stating when someone does a bombing they blame the person but when there is a shooting they blame the gun, or something to that effect.

This guy had a motive of some sort so it can be assumed that if the gun wasn't available he would have found other means. Have been many points to that effect in the last number of years.

You are right! The guns will NEVER kill anyone!!! $%^& it.... FULL AUTOS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!! If I gave a fully automatic rifle to EVERYONE in edmonton... you would be cool with moving your wife and kids in?? All good right guns dont kill people! Since we find different means... and run each other over with cars all day here... If guns dont kill people.... 800,000 people having a fully automatic rifle shouldnt do anything to the crime rate or murder numbers.... because guns dont kill people. Bombs also dont kill people!!! So its cool we should let kim jong have a nuke..... then when he launches it on someones doorstep in the us they can sit there and go "BOMBS DONT KILL PEOPLE!!!!"

Its the crazies that make it dangerous alright... Having a converted fully automatic rifle with a 100 round mag legal around the streets is completely safe.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right! The guns will NEVER kill anyone!!! $%^& it.... FULL AUTOS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!! If I gave a fully automatic rifle to EVERYONE in edmonton... you would be cool with moving your wife and kids in?? All good right guns dont kill people! Since we find different means... and run each other over with cars all day here... If guns dont kill people.... 800,000 people having a fully automatic rifle shouldnt do anything to the crime rate or murder numbers.... because guns dont kill people. Bombs also dont kill people!!! So its cool we should let kim jong have a nuke..... then when he launches it on someones doorstep in the us they can sit there and go "BOMBS DONT KILL PEOPLE!!!!"

Its the crazies that make it dangerous alright... Having a converted fully automatic rifle with a 100 round mag legal around the streets is completely safe.

What are you trying to argue here? Sounds like you're just rambling on. Better stop selling those mountains sleds. They keep killing people in avalanches too!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A larger caliber bullet isn't going to do a god damn thing for a multiple causality when you are firing from an elevated position like that.. Its going to go straight through and hit the ground. If we was ground level that would be a different story. Are you guys trying to find where the problem is or perfect this guys killing spree? Put it this way... If I had two choices... running away from a guy in a pile of 20,000 people being shot at with a bolt action rifle, Or being shot at by a guy with a fully automatic rifle.... I dont give a $%^& what caliber it is.. Clearly bolt action is going to be a preferred option. a 223. round from a single shot is the same as a .223 from a full auto... the difference is the 99 ROUNDS THAT FOLLOW IT!
Top 10 snow and mud post right there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And then epic failure. Stay on an even keel man! Lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
And then epic failure. Stay on an even keel man! Lol

I dont care man.. This guns dont kill people argument is so dumb. Of course they dont... Someone has to pull the trigger. But WHY would you want it legal for people to own a gun that can spray a small population down. Theres nothing even keel about this whole conversation. These guns have ZERO accuracy after they have had ten rounds go down the barrel, with the amount of lift they generate you cant hit a god damn thing with anyways after your 3rd shot... SOMEONE explain the purpose of having a rifle that can fire 100 rounds back to back with one squeeze of the trigger. Guns dont kill people, Idiots kill people.... If you take fully automatic weapons away from people... you take fully automatic weapons away from idiots. Bump stocks and retarded high capacity mags are a recipe for disaster no matter which way you cut it.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I am not a gun fan and don't know much about them. I have zero issues with someone owning a rifle, shotgun or even a pistol if thats what suits your fancy/hobby/collection. To each their own and from time to time I am in for a bit of target practicing myself. On the other hand, I believe there is zero need for some of these high powered guns as they have no business in the publics hand (police/military is a different story). I know its your right etc etc but what about peoples rights to go to a concert and feel safe against some idiot who decides to have a bad day and take it on others by going on a shooting spree. I would love to know one good reason for these types of guns. My cousin is a huge gun fan and to this day cannot give me a reason. This is not some stamp collection we are talking about, it is a lethal weapon in the wrong hands. If anything, there seems to be poor control who gets these weapons in their hands. Seen this meme earlier today and makes you go hmmmmmmm.

fullsizeoutput_38fa.jpeg

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are crazy people so smart?

Attachments

• IMG_4630.JPG
    IMG_4630.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 113

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your twisting it and blowing it out of proportion. Most certainly wouldn't give guns to everyone how does that make any sense. Kim Jung is a prime example of the mentality of having a weapon makes him think he's powerful. Lots of people have that same mentality when it comes to guns or knives.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I am not a gun fan and don't know much about them. I have zero issues with someone owning a rifle, shotgun or even a pistol if thats what suits your fancy/hobby/collection. To each their own and from time to time I am in for a bit of target practicing myself. On the other hand, I believe there is zero need for some of these high powered guns as they have no business in the publics hand (police/military is a different story). I know its your right etc etc but what about peoples rights to go to a concert and feel safe against some idiot who decides to have a bad day and take it on others by going on a shooting spree. I would love to know one good reason for these types of guns. My cousin is a huge gun fan and to this day cannot give me a reason. This is not some stamp collection we are talking about, it is a lethal weapon in the wrong hands. If anything, there seems to be poor control who gets these weapons in their hands. Seen this meme earlier today and makes you go hmmmmmmm.

View attachment 206464

It ultimately comes down to where to draw the line. As a lawful citizen and a person who firmly believes the government has no business telling me what I can and cannot have. In the states it's a bit different as it's there right, second amendment, in Canada it's a privilege much like driving. Slowly and more certainly we are seeing it every day what's being taken away from us to be made privilege. Speeding is illegal and driving is a privilege so why have vehicles that can do 200+km/h if the limit is 110. But yet many buy aftermarket parts and alter their vehicle so it has more power and can accelerate faster most of which is illegal but we do it. Same goes for many gun owners, stock isn't good enough, want to shoot further and see better and more. Understandable the two arguments aren't exactly the same but the point is the same.
Like mentioned before if a guy uses a plane or bomb or car and wipes out many people it purposes a different question when a gun is used.

More focus should be on the why rather than the how.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tom, great points but the key word is "a lawful citizen". Some of these people are far from lawful and therefore I am of strong opinion more checks and balances are needed to obtain these types of guns. Its also so confusing from state to state what is allowed and what isn't. Either way, with cars/vans etc we need to get a drivers license with a road test and then insurance. A buddy of mine in Arizona bought a rifle from a local store to kill a skunk and was shocked how easy it was with NO check and 30 mins later walking out. This is not acceptable in my opinion.

It ultimately comes down to where to draw the line. As a lawful citizen and a person who firmly believes the government has no business telling me what I can and cannot have. In the states it's a bit different as it's there right, second amendment, in Canada it's a privilege much like driving. Slowly and more certainly we are seeing it every day what's being taken away from us to be made privilege. Speeding is illegal and driving is a privilege so why have vehicles that can do 200+km/h if the limit is 110. But yet many buy aftermarket parts and alter their vehicle so it has more power and can accelerate faster most of which is illegal but we do it. Same goes for many gun owners, stock isn't good enough, want to shoot further and see better and more. Understandable the two arguments aren't exactly the same but the point is the same.
Like mentioned before if a guy uses a plane or bomb or car and wipes out many people it purposes a different question when a gun is used.

More focus should be on the why rather than the how.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The laws are different between Canada and the US. We are allowed a magazine that can only hold 5 cartridges where in the States depending on State can be as many as someone will design for that gun. The Liberal Govt has announced they will be implementing even more gun control measures before years end as per their election promises. In Canada we are losing more freedom every time a Liberal Govt takes office. Its only a matter of time and gun ownership will be a thing of the past in this country as the population starts to trend to more left of center. Remember, 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens that enjoy guns for hunting, sport shooting and property protection. That .1% of bad apples are deciding policy in our country. When terrorists bomb us we don't blame bombs, when terrorists run people over with vans, we don't blame vans, when terrorists cut people up with knives we don't blame knives but when terrorists kill with guns, we blame the guns. Where is the sense in that?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why shouldn't it be legal? They are extremely fun to shoot. If you don't think an ar is accurate after a couple rounds then you haven't shot a good ar. Full auto and semi auto is extremely fun. I also find long range shooting fun too and relaxing. Just because you don't think a rifle can be used for anything but killing doesn't mean the rest of us that target shoot think the same way. I still remember being in the reserve shooting 3km out at night fall. Or sitting there at night watching guys shoot a ton of tracers. Its like watching fireworks. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it needs to be banned. There are a ton of people that would love a ban on all off road vehicles like sleds, quads and sxs's. Should they be banned? Lets try using some common sense here. Am I defending that fawking nut case?? Not a chance in hell. I feel sorry for everyone involved. But get off the BAN wagon already. Lets repair this at the base not just throw bandages on it which does nothing for the root case.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess what.
All you peps that want stricter gun laws are going nowhere other than making it tough and expensive on us legal owners.

News flash.....as soon as legal sales are gone guns get bought illegally.
New laws making it tougher do nothing.
The laws and checks are in place already.
Sorry.

Ya I know I'm a crazy gun nut.
All the bad guys that can't get their gun legally give up the life of crime to work for charities.
They never buy illegal guns.
If they want assault rifles and huge clips......they are gonna get them one way or the other.
Jut cause they are not in the gun store most certainly does not mean they re not available.

This nut had the money and means to get guns regardless of the restrictions in place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom