Valve adjustment?

Qub3d

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? I've called around to a couple of places and have got differing responses. A couple people have said that for the initial maintenance on my quad all I need to worry about is the oil change and that the valves won't need adjusting until about the 100 hour mark. I'm pretty sure that the recommended time for this was at the first initial service as per the owners manual. What to do? Every place around town is booked for at least 2 weeks or more and I plan on riding this weekend and next. Would it be alright to leave the valve adjustment for awhile longer and just change the oil and such now? :confused::confused:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owner manual will suggest valve set at the first service, however you will have to do a valve set again. I recommend waiting until 50 hours to do the valve set and then a second will not be necessary. KQ uses buckets and shims, so it quite labour intensive to adjust valve lash; pay for it once.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I had my valves checked at 50 hrs and they were not out of adjustment. I just recently took my quad in for some work and had them check valve clearances again as its not too big of a deal on the can-am and they were still within operated tolerances . I'm not sure of the hours but I have 3800 kms on it now. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless your getting a lot of engine chatter. It should be alright to run until you can get it in for a check up.

Top Bottom