Valve adjustment on rzr

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple months back, I had my rzr into the dealer cause it wouldn't start, turned out to be a broken wire, anyway, the mechanic told me my compression was low on both cylinders and my idle seems to be a little rough. He suggested that I might think of getting a big bore kit in the future. I have roughly around 150hrs 2000 miles on it and have never swamped the motor and my air filter has always stayed clean.

I was reading something the other day about valves being out of adjustment and causing lower compression and problems with idling and am wondering if this may be my issue.
I do know a little about engines, very little lol, any help would be welcome.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
lol, why didn't I think of that, I did read somewhere that the valves are hydraulic and don't need to be adjusted so I guess that's not it either.

Does there seem to be any "ticking" from the engine? Even if they are hyd lifters, they can still get you the same type of problems. They stick and wear out. But man, 150 hours doesn't sound like too much to me. I would like to know more about the compression test. Was it a dry test? If so it could be rings OR valves or even a head gasket. If he did a wet test after the dry and the compression didn't change then it is more than likely valves and a valve job is all that is required (you would be changing the head gasket anyways). Also, a leak down test can be performed for a real good indication of engine condition.
I have worked on engines most of my life (diesels) but these same principles apply to all four strokes

Top Bottom