Valemount sled talk? Do you remember it..

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any members remember when the hotel in valemount ran the website in like 2005 ish? I remember getting the invitation from Ron to check out Snow and Mud. Was that how this site started? My wife and I were talking about the trips back then and it came up in the convo, man time fly's by!
I think the Holiday Inn was the one posting updates back then? What do you remember? :beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Any members remember when the hotel in valemount ran the website in like 2005 ish? I remember getting the invitation from Ron to check out Snow and Mud. Was that how this site started? My wife and I were talking about the trips back then and it came up in the convo, man time fly's by!
I think the Holiday Inn was the one posting updates back then? What do you remember? :beer:

Ron built this site based off of a couple of neglected forums, one being the Valemount one, and the other one that the ASA had ran for a long time.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tyler is correct. Ron also wanted a site In Western Canada for people of like thoughts to come together.

Well the "people of like thoughts" with regards to politics has pretty much come together. The dislike of Notley and Trudeau are definitely front and centre.

But there is no way in hell we will have "like thoughts" about our iron. Guess Ron couldn't foresee everything.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s how I met Ron, I was trying too revive Valemount sled talk with a lot of time and no luck lol, Ron invited me too join him and I jumped in with both feet ......member number #44

Top Bottom