Valemount Mountain Photography

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a photo of a set of mountains in valemount that I want to get blown up and framed for inside my house.. problem is i can't find the original and the resolution isn't good enough on the copy i have due to file sharing. wondering if anyone knows of a photographer whose done this shot (see below) that i could look at purchasing it from?? id consider a painting too.. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

don't know the name, just can describe the location. on clemina, drive past the cabin on the main trail (so not toward the glacier) and then break left up through the trees.. takes you into a big open bowl/field like area. i do believe once you crest the hill but before you drop down into the bowl is where the photo was taken? im sure somebody will recognize this :) thanks again

Attachments

• Michelle's sledding pic.s 131.jpg
    Michelle's sledding pic.s 131.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 599
  • Michelle's sledding pic.s 131_2.jpg
    Michelle's sledding pic.s 131_2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 585

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the same range or not....

Attachments

• HPIM0330.jpg
    HPIM0330.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 578

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, thats avalanche alley. Its beyond the end of the groomed trail that leads up to goat ridge bowl where the top pic was taken from. 99% of the time I would not recomend riding in there............

If I cant find a picture of the same shot, I will be able to get if for you in a month and a half:d No need to purchase, ill just email it to you in high res if you still need it

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
don't know the name, just can describe the location. on clemina, drive past the cabin on the main trail (so not toward the glacier) and then break left up through the trees.. takes you into a big open bowl/field like area. i do believe once you crest the hill but before you drop down into the bowl is where the photo was taken? im sure somebody will recognize this :) thanks again[/QUOTE]

Yes that is looking back into Avalanche valley ! Sure there is lots of different pics from different angles around .

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
some of my pics of valemount

Attachments

• IM000215.jpg
    IM000215.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 537
  • IM000629.jpg
    IM000629.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 540
  • IM000628_2.jpg
    IM000628_2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 540
  • Picture 252.jpg
    Picture 252.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 537
  • Picture 104.jpg
    Picture 104.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 539

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't know the name, just can describe the location. on clemina, drive past the cabin on the main trail (so not toward the glacier) and then break left up through the trees.. takes you into a big open bowl/field like area. i do believe once you crest the hill but before you drop down into the bowl is where the photo was taken? im sure somebody will recognize this :) thanks again

Thats looks exactly where that was taken, just off to the right though

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
i have a photo of a set of mountains in valemount that I want to get blown up and framed for inside my house.. problem is i can't find the original and the resolution isn't good enough on the copy i have due to file sharing. wondering if anyone knows of a photographer whose done this shot (see below) that i could look at purchasing it from?? id consider a painting too.. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Yup behind the cabin to the left ............. been there lots will try and take one. You just never know with weather ......... lol

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thanks everyone! you also have some nice pictures of the area. i'll keep looking for my original but thanks Depsnolvr i would really really appreciate it. its going to be like the main/central piece of artwork as soon as you come into the house lol 24"x40" ish plus frame and matting :) that picture of the glacier Uturn is also beautiful, can i save it please? i may be able to use it somewhere else

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll look to see if I have the original file pic somewhere and I can send it to you.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell could you please send me that picture in hi resolution if possible?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey white, your pic inspired me to hike up into the goat ridge today with my wife, im ashamed I have not done it before it was amazing

heres a shot from the summer, if you like I will edit out the darn dots
(dirty lens:nono:) and send it over in high res. Just pm me your address

ill post a bunch more pics of the day later in another thread

Attachments

• editIMGP1644.jpg
    editIMGP1644.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 169
  • editIMGP1647.jpg
    editIMGP1647.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 169
  • editIMGP1670.jpg
    editIMGP1670.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 166

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you take a picture looking into Goat Ridge?

How was the hike up? Looks like a great day for a hike.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you take a picture looking into Goat Ridge?

How was the hike up? Loks like a great day for a hike.

sure did, will post more pics after a shower.........

quadded down the fsr and the hike up the GR Trail took an hour maybe hour and a half at the most, but is up all the way...lol

Top Bottom