Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there any pow left for this weekend. Supposed to be heading to mcbride but may do a day in vale if conditions are looking good.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out in chappell today

Left camera on the sled deck for the drive home so...no pics:(

Snow was ok, 270 cm total depth, where we checked. Only 6 sleds in the whole place. SNow would have been great, but the wind has hit it pretty hard. Still soft enough, but you just dont how deep something was until you hit it.

A group from Allan yesterday said it was excellent

Should be a good weekend

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
W've received some fresh snow in town over night and it looks like the hills are getting hammered !

Should be a great weekend to play in the trees

See you on the hill

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard from a pal who rode Climina today and he said there was 2' of fresh powder with sunny skies all day. He said at the end of the day there was still a ton of untracked to be had for tomorrow.

Im headed to Swan Hills tomorrow am, but i know i sometimes look at this thread the night before a big trip and would find this info useful. Have fun if your headed out tomorrow and play safe.

:beer:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow is good most places.

Chappell had about 8" on top of a softer base yesterday and the sky even turned blue for the afternoon

Allan Creek today was socked right in most of the time and snowing hard. Anywhere from 3" of fresh to a foot in some spots. The farther back you went the better the snow/poorer the visibility.

caustin

Reaction score
Just wondering what the snow conditions are like at Valemount and Blue River. Planning a trip for the 17th this month. Would like to know where I would find lots of powder. If anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. Thanks

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the snow conditions are like at Valemount and Blue River. Planning a trip for the 17th this month. Would like to know where I would find lots of powder. If anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. Thanks

im goin on the 16th or 17th with boys from the crack, do i know u?

caustin

Reaction score
Nope, don't know you, I just started sledding in BC. Planning another trip, on the 17th and was wondering what the snow was like

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya some recent pics would be good. going this weekend and would like to see something to look forward to. and i would like to see some snow. around here we have barely any.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no pics but rode there on the weekend. Rode Clemina fri and sat and there was good snow all around. Could find 3ft in the trees and cut blocks no problems. Definately got chewed up so they will need fresh.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode clemina fri, was in 3ft in the trees with blue sky and warm, was very good ride!!!:cool::beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can not stress this enough...do not bring a phazer short track to the mountains.
anways..deecent snow in the trees couple feet in some places. btu mostly wind blown and whatnot in other areas. i was my tracks from the weekend before..thats not a good sign ahaha

some fresh in the parking lot at allan

backcountry redneck fix...including adjustable ski loop tension with the twist of a stick

almost but no.....pos

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hills are in good shape with the the odd dose of fresh in the evenings. The forcast is showing a mix for the next week, so good luck predicting

All of our trails will ready for the Family Day Weekend including the Keyhole.

Come on out for a ride !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom