valemount alpine country rentals

Mechagodzilla

Reaction score
Hello all
I have never taken the time to post before but my terrible experience renting a snowmobile from Alpine Country Rentals has made me want to take the time to inform anyone going to the Valemount area of what they are in for. The employee in charge of my rental was way out of line. When I returned the snowmobile he removed the seat (something he did not do in the pre-ride inspection) and found a small tear under the seat where the staples held on the cloth and was not visible. He immediately began yelling in the store when I questioned why he was charging me for a new seat because of this small tear, showing no class and not listening to anything I tried to say. I eventually paid a smaller but still unfair fee after threatening to cancel my credit card before he could take off the full price from my deposit. If for some reason you find yourself in dire need and must rent from this location ensure to conduct a careful inspection before taking the sled. In all my years of renting snowmobiles I have never experienced anyone as ignorant or single-minded as this individual.

Last edited:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rented from there lots and never had a problem, sorry for your bad experience.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never rented there but have had to make several stops there for many differnt reasons over the past 16 years.
Never had an issue always doing what they can to make sure you are up and running ASAP.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never rented there but have had to make several stops there for many differnt reasons over the past 16 years.
Never had an issue always doing what they can to make sure you are up and running ASAP.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance.

yup.

as always 2 sides to every story but these things happen sorry about your experience.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they sure go over them good when you bring them back, a friend had to rent an XP a few years back and stuck his shovel handle in the front and scratched up the clamshell on the pipe and had to pay for a replacement. he was a little surprised they went after that, but he did it and paid for it. Alpine has always been pretty helpful anytime we've had grief, no complaints here.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never had a problem there, matter of fact when i needed a tool they lent it, or needed a sled fixed that i dropped off at 5;00, had it ready in morning, sometimes no charge. Now I drop off beer for no reason or coffee for girls out of blue. Some times just dropping in somewhere once in a while to say hi goes long ways.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rented avy stuff the odd time and bought few parts and no complaints but other ppl i know have had headaches renting sleds and avy stuff b4. Have heard horror stories in past.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always had good experiences there and being a VARDA member I even hold out on buying riding gear sometimes until I get there. It's to bad they left a bad taste in ya mouth! Had one of their guys come out into my buddies trailer last weekend to give advice on his doo, he was super friendly.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive rented sleds there as well as grabbed parts for the odd mishap with a tree. They have even taken a part off of one of their sleds for my group. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I'm sure this is a rare occurance, but your advice to be very dilligent when doing a walk-a-round before and after any rental is very important.

Top Bottom