utvs

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has asked this but has anybody heard of a panterra ss wolf utv,if so what are they like any good bad mabey.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
not sure if anyone has asked this but has anybody heard of a panterra ss wolf utv,if so what are they like any good bad mabey.

I'll take his money if he want's to throw it away. A buddy of mine bought a panterra last year....PIECE of CRAP. Underpowered, won't run when it gets wet, and for a few more $$$ you can get a brand name. Nobody takes these things on trade so your stuck with it.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think of it this way: It's exactly the same as buying a used name brand machine. The quality ain't the same as a new Rhino, but after a few years of wear and tear on a Rhino, the quality of it ain't going to be the same as a NEW Rhino either. With the Chineeze units, at least the plastic ain't all scratched and cracked and you might have something resembling a warranty if you buy from a something of a reputable dealer.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy any of those non name brand machines ever. I have seen a few people waist there money on that crap

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanx guys i did a little more research and i think t rex is the unit for me.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only used my sons Polaris Razer 800 , VERY IMPRESSIVE ,
so cant say anything about those others
BUT I have owned Canadian Tire and Giovanni 250 Quads, OK for farm to run around with. No good in bush,and try to get parts for those???????

canuckEMS

Reaction score
Yes, we bought a Motobishi knock off a couple of years back. Honestly, its good now but only after my husband (who is a mechanic -thank god) has replaced damn near every important part on the thing. And this has cost THOUSANDs of hard earned dollars. If he weren't a mechanic we'd be totally screwed as it would've had to spend a ridiculous amount of time in a shop after all the brakedowns.

Panterra is made by Huang-Sung industries (not sure if I spelled that right) - and so is ours. You'll find many different dealers sell the chinese knockoffs, each will lie and tell you they are made at different factories but I did the research after trying to find parts for ours and discovered they are all made at the same factory in China - same machine, different names.

Also, what my hubbs has done has been upgrading the parts on ours to all Yamaha Rhino 660 parts. Much stronger metal, way better quality. Lots of people ask why we've kept it - well in a nutshell, now that 3/4 of it has been replaced and fixed its finally running well and being reliable. We have so much time and money into it, its now not even worth selling. We'll keep it until it finally dies and then our next side by side will be a GOOD name brand. No more knock off junk - been there, done that, and wasted lots of $$$.

In a nutshell, if you are just using it around an acreage for minor use, and if you are at all mechanical you would probably make out ok with the knock off. If not, don't even bother wasting your money.

Top Bottom