UTV progress [Image]

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this online, figured you guys may find it interesting.

Rhino shock vs RZR XP1000 shock.

amazing how far they have progressed.

TOAR4XC.jpg

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, they are both silly or Sally, whichever way you want to look at it...lol... unless you get the shock with hi/low compression and rebound and dual springs set up for your weight, they are all enter model shocks.. you watch next year or the year there after and the 1000 will have fully adjustable shocks.. that goes for can-am and popo...

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, they are both silly or Sally, whichever way you want to look at it...lol... unless you get the shock with hi/low compression and rebound and dual springs set up for your weight, they are all enter model shocks.. you watch next year or the year there after and the 1000 will have fully adjustable shocks.. that goes for can-am and popo...
Even if they had all that they would still be kinda mickey mouse,,, Bypass Shocks are where its at in offroad racing today...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And don't forget your bump stops!! LOL Yeah it is pretty cool the progression Side x Sides are making in suspension and power. The cooler thing is there is still plenty of room for improvement!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even that Rhino shock is pretty sweet, compared to my neighbours stock rhino shock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure you can go to real pro trophy truck shocks.. but for our quads and sxs's, that's many years in the future before you MITE see these as OEM... im talkin OEM in my thread... that's why I said what I said.. those shock are really out to left field cause who could afford to put those on there sxs... be silly unless you want to do what is in that video of the turbo 1000 rzr.. and have sponsors.. then sure.. that's where its at in BIG truck racing.. not there yet in SXS thou.. sure you can do it aftermarket.. can you afford that type of shock if you had a 4 x4 without sponsorship?

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure you can go to real pro trophy truck shocks.. but for our quads and sxs's, that's many years in the future before you MITE see these as OEM... im talkin OEM in my thread... that's why I said what I said.. those shock are really out to left field cause who could afford to put those on there sxs... be silly unless you want to do what is in that video of the turbo 1000 rzr.. and have sponsors.. then sure.. that's where its at in BIG truck racing.. not there yet in SXS thou.. sure you can do it aftermarket.. can you afford that type of shock if you had a 4 x4 without sponsorship?
I know guys in red deer that run those shocks on there buggies... Oil money is wonderfull thing. I hear you tho. Some clickers is more realalistic to expect from polaris and brp. Just sayin lots of room for improvement...lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this was on the maverick i rode..dual speed compression and rebound adjustment.

PODIUM X ATV Shock | FOX

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was on the maverick i rode..dual speed compression and rebound adjustment.

PODIUM X ATV Shock | FOX
then they were put on after.. the OEM shocks that come on the maverick have only ride height, single compression setting and NO rebound... you find the shock in the link on the renegade and the outty atv's but not on the sxs's .. if it had them someone changed them out... usually they run the 2.5's on sxs's and 2.0's on the atv's only.. I don't even know if a 2.0 will fit? I would check the shocks again and look close.. not sayin your wrong but what I posted is what it is...lol

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
then they were put on after.. the OEM shocks that come on the maverick have only ride height, single compression setting and NO rebound... you find the shock in the link on the renegade and the outty atv's but not on the sxs's .. if it had them someone changed them out...

hmm

from can ams website................not that it matters anyways. i was just turning dials and making chit worse. LOL

"Front and rear FOX∞ PODIUM∞ X Performance RC2.5 piggyback shocksFirst OEM application, developed in collaboration with FOX for the Maverick X rs, these high-quality front and rear shocks allow for a pure-sport driving experience. With dual-speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustments, so they can be adjusted to the driver's preference and optimize performance in different terrain conditions. The large, 2.5-inch diameter bore, allows for greater damping force capability while allowing the shock to run at lower overall temperatures resulting in less fade. The 2.5 Podium shocks offer a high-volume 6-inch piggyback oil reservoir and specially formulated oil for improved flow and heat dissipation. Proven technologies such as upper and lower spherical bearing mounts, velocity-sensitive damping control and a high-flow piston, optimize performance in varying terrain. They are designed to be extremely durable with a hard-anodized 2.5-inch aluminum body, forged aluminum piggyback body cap and a 5/8-inch hard chrome-plated, heat-treated shaft. To maintain supreme control, the FOX shocks’ extension velocity after compression can be fine-tuned to optimize vehicle control. Re-buildable design allows for easy service and valving changes.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so they do offer it as an option then.. all models I have been seeing on can-ams site have the no rebound and single compersion on them.. well that awesome.. something I did not remember reading... I would definently get that shock over the stock one brp offers... and its offered on the rs model then.... yes and that's a 2.5 like I added to my other comment above... the link you posted is for the quads just that there 2.5's that kinda threw me off...lol all good!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its funny, seen 3 mavricks at the poker rally and all had the cheaper shock on.. not one had the fully adjustables... lol have to get the rs model to get those shocks.. worth it in my opinion...

Last edited:
Top Bottom