UTV accident kills Boy

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Another accident yesterday evening on a Side by side. 11 year old boy dies. No Helmet and no Seatbelt. My condolences to the childs family and friends. Now we really need to think about Helmets Now! And when riding in UTV's you MUST be belted in. These accidents are very preventable. It rattles me up when Im hearing about incidents every weekend and almost every few days. I even experienced loosing a friend and someone you all knew, Rory. He and this child could probably still be here now. So come on lets think about this a little more and Wear your Helmet and when your on an UTV please wear your seatbelt. There not there for looks! I usually go to as many rally's as I can and Im suprised how many peeps wear no helmets. Yes it feels great to have the wind blowing through your hair on a hot day, but you never know when going down a trail and you get bucked to the side and into a tree, or roll your atv.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolances to the Family. I can't imagine what they must be going through.
I agree....it doesn't help the education effort when you hear on the news, "And ANOTHER child has been killed in an ATV accident"...and then they do not mention the (lack of) helmets and seat belts.

Start early....our children should learn that no helmet=no key.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was this the one north of athabasca ?? Because I heard about that on the new thia am. I guess there were 3 kids on it and 2 survived and one did not. It is always sad th hear about stuff like this.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was this the one north of athabasca ?? Because I heard about that on the new thia am. I guess there were 3 kids on it and 2 survived and one did not. It is always sad th hear about stuff like this.

Yes...North of Athabasca.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My deepest condolenses to family and friends...... R.i.p.

Why don't people get it?? Use and wear the proper equipment for your riding(helmet/seatbelts as required)??????????? This probably could have been averted with proper usage and apparel...........:(:(

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Another accident yesterday evening on a Side by side. 11 year old boy dies. No Helmet and no Seatbelt. My condolences to the childs family and friends. Now we really need to think about Helmets Now! And when riding in UTV's you MUST be belted in. These accidents are very preventable. It rattles me up when Im hearing about incidents every weekend and almost every few days. I even experienced loosing a friend and someone you all knew, Rory. He and this child could probably still be here now. So come on lets think about this a little more and Wear your Helmet and when your on an UTV please wear your seatbelt. There not there for looks! I usually go to as many rally's as I can and Im suprised how many peeps wear no helmets. Yes it feels great to have the wind blowing through your hair on a hot day, but you never know when going down a trail and you get bucked to the side and into a tree, or roll your atv.

I completly agree. I have a hard time thinking what could of happened to pryder if he hadn't been wearing his seat belt. I already have to deal with one broken back. They have both learned there lesson the hard way and will be wearing seat belts from now on. My condolances go out to the family.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other day I was driving home from work and I saw 2 kids on a honda 450 utility quad and another on a dirt bike srewing around in the ditch in front of probaly their house. I was instantly fuming !!! I wanted to slam the brakes on and ask what the ^^&7 they were doing with out any helmets on. I am past the point of trying to be rational with kids not wearing them that it would be hard to be polite. The only problem is I am afraid the parents would come out and tell me to mind my own business

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The other day I was driving home from work and I saw 2 kids on a honda 450 utility quad and another on a dirt bike srewing around in the ditch in front of probaly their house. I was instantly fuming !!! I wanted to slam the brakes on and ask what the ^^&7 they were doing with out any helmets on. I am past the point of trying to be rational with kids not wearing them that it would be hard to be polite. The only problem is I am afraid the parents would come out and tell me to mind my own business

the scary thing is your probably right about that. Some parents don't really seem to have a solid head on their shoulders when it comes to stuff like that. Then again, I've seen some adults putzing around in ditches doing stupid stuff on quads, bikes, and sleds not wearing helmets, that I've wanted to pull over and give them hell for. Just last week there was some guy on a racing quad up towards Athabasca on highway 2 dancing in the ditches on two wheels, no helment on major highway. If he lost control and shot onto highway he could have been killed by a vehicle. Not only would he have lost his life but likely would have caused the person or persons that hit him a lot of mental trauma.

LETS WEAR THE HELMETS GUYS! Lots of lightweight ones available that are DOT approved.

G

Guest1

First my condolences...as other peeps have said in this thread I CAN'T imagine...:(

Secondly (Flame Away)...WTF was an 11 year old doing driving (or passenger) without a HELMET or SEATBELT on....:confused:

As I don't know the whole story from Knights post I will assume until corrected that the CHILD was under ADULT supervision...and if so then the ADULT (parent or not) should be CHARGED and PROSECUTED to the full extent of the law with Criminal Negligence....:mad:

OVER!!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I totally agree with you, WTF was the kid doing driving/riding in the UTV without the safety gear. I bet we will find out that the kids were all alone in this machine. What kind of STUPID parents would let their child have access to the keys anyway. They should be charged to the full extent of the law. I will NEVER understand what parents are thinking when you hear of these senseless accidents.-_-:realmad:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you say??? Sadly there will be more fatalities like this. I don't know how you can drill this into everyones head to wear the proper safety gear:confused:

Billy Boy:cool:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I found out today this is a good friends friend. His son was riding in that atv 1 day ago and was surprised he didn't wear a helmet and had no seatbelt on.
Now hopefully some peeps open up there eyes and shake there head. Not to be to harsh, but Helmets and seatbelts are to be worn.

Quadster

Reaction score

my condolences go out to family and freinds

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My condolences to the family and freinds.. But i just wish i knew what we had to do to get people to realize that they really need to be wearing helmets and seatbelts when they are installed in a unit..

Top Bottom