Used the water trick on my Primary - Never using the puller tool again

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Rebuilt the clutch so we will see how it goes this weekend. Wasn't pullin more than 7300 rpm last trip to mountains. It will have to be a flatland test this weekend though. But it's still ridin. 👍

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road the flatlands last two days and clutch on clicker one and hitting rev limiter never happened before rebuilding clutch. What is the next step.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add pin weight if you feel you have a good set up, the belt is shifting out well and so on.

Or, just limit your rpms with your thumb.

sent from a top secret location

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about pin weight but just wondering why the change from factory? All I changed was the spring retainer cap and bushing, new prints on sliders and cleaned it all up. Also put about a drop of silicone lube on pins that hold arms in. They seemed a little draggy so maybe it loosened them up a bit.

The thumb trick reminds me of when we were kids and dad used to put a hose clamp behind the throttle to slow us down.....didn't take us long at all to find a screw driver and hide in the sled til we got out of the yard. 😜

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't use any lube on clutch parts. All you will do is attract belt dust. The pins sometimes need to be cleaned with some abrasive cloth.

The rpm difference could be a engine break in difference, could be as simple as belt deflection, track tension, chain tension, and so on.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo mechanic said just to use a drop and then leave it apart overnight to dry a bit before using it. I know your not supposed to use any lube so am going to keep close eye on it for build up. Thanks for your help Maybe with changing the belt then is why the extra rpm like you say belt deflection. The old one had 1200 km and was noticeably narrower.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah off the top of my head I forget the exact spec for belt width but it makes quite a difference.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use my puller, stick a blow dryer on the crank and tighten the tool until it pops. Seems to work well!

I use the same method except just boil some water once the puller is snugged up, pour it on the shaft works very well.

Last edited:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had very good luck by putting a dab of grease on the end of the puller, same as the water trick it creates an hydraulic action.

Billy Boy:cool:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had very good luck by putting a dab of grease on the end of the puller, same as the water trick it creates an hydraulic action.

Billy Boy:cool:

You should be putting grease on the end of a puller anyways, it keeps the puller end from binding and prevents the puller end from twisting or failing.

Putting that dab on there isn't creating any hydraulic action as the end of the pto is open to the clutch half. Unlike when you use the bolt wrapped in Teflon it seals the water in.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo mechanic said just to use a drop and then leave it apart overnight to dry a bit before using it. I know your not supposed to use any lube so am going to keep close eye on it for build up. Thanks for your help Maybe with changing the belt then is why the extra rpm like you say belt deflection. The old one had 1200 km and was noticeably narrower.

I have almost 2700K on the original belt no issues.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have almost 2700K on the original belt no issues.

It doesn't mean your belt has issues if it has 2700k on it, but a new belt could found lost rpm's or other gains.

The width would have deffinetly been reduced in that 2700k.

Top Bottom