Upper A-Arm tweaked?

R_janssen

Reaction score
Bent the lower a-arm on my sled a couple weekends ago and after changing it, the one ski (left if it matters) sits back about 3/4" still. This is just eyeballing it. Can't see any damage on the aluminum bracket so I'm wondering if the upper
a-arm could tweaked? I did a degree check on another sled and compared to mine. The spindle is out about 5 degrees as compared with the other side. Right side sits about 15 degrees holding an angle finder on spindle and left is about 10 degrees. Am I correct on the upper a-arm or could it be something else?

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
measure from the back suspension mounting bolt to a couple diff spots on the front suspension should tell you the tale.

R_janssen

Reaction score
Did some measurements, and it's the upper a-arm. It's tweaked forward, which changed the caster on the spindle, causing the ski the be back that bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R_janssen

Reaction score
3y3e5upa.jpg

adegegej.jpg

You'll see in the first picture (left side) the upper a-arm is more forward from the shock as compared to right side. Also the ball joints just about line up straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Your s modual could be slightly tweaked, you can not notice it by just eye balling, you wont really be able to tell until you get a fresh a arm in there, the difference will be very minimal on the chassis but quite noticeable as you have shown on the spindle

R_janssen

Reaction score
Replaced the upper a-arm already. Still back a bit on the one side. Can't see where it's tweaked on the s-module but doesn't affect the handling of the sled. Just going to keep riding the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom