Upgrading the skid and track, what else?

summit700nk

Reaction score
Im buying a 163" track and skid from a 05 1000 to put on my 04 800, What else to i need? Ive tried to do some reading and I havent found a exact answer.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1000's had a 162x2.3" lug not a 163. You may need to do a driver change to fit the larger lug depending on if you have a Highmark or an Adrenaline.

summit700nk

Reaction score
ill find a extension, your right,the track is 162. ill have to find out what drivers i have. is the cooler ok where it is? i found one thread that mentioned a cooler change as well. but that was all i have found.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Im buying a 163" track and skid from a 05 1000 to put on my 04 800, What else to i need? Ive tried to do some reading and I havent found a exact answer.

You will need 9th drivers, this alone mighr gear u down enough. You might also have to change clutching if upshift/backshift isn't to your liking..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What track is on it now? If it's a 159 you should be fine, if it's a 151 or shorter then you will need to relocate or get a longer cooler. The snow is thrown up at the end of the tunnel so if your tunnel cooler is 11"+ from the end you will have issues.

barthasbite

Reaction score
What track is on it now? If it's a 159 you should be fine, if it's a 151 or shorter then you will need to relocate or get a longer cooler. The snow is thrown up at the end of the tunnel so if your tunnel cooler is 11"+ from the end you will have issues.

Will an RT 162 cooler fit in a Rev 800 tunnel??

summit700nk

Reaction score
You will need 9th drivers, this alone mighr gear u down enough. You might also have to change clutching if upshift/backshift isn't to your liking..

i had a look today and my sled currently has 9 tooth drivers on it, so that was a bonus, its a 144" machine so ill have to move it back quite a bit more than likely. so far im optimistic about this project, doesnt sound like too big of a pain.

Top Bottom