Unsure of what to do GP can am dealer

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unsure of what to a guy should do, have 2013 can am maverick the bolt backed out o the secondary clutch banging the secondary clutch up really good destroying the helix and cutting into the primary clutch and wreaking the inner clutch guard plus destroying the belt,the secondary spring was also destroyed, the dealer covered this on warranty but they did not replace the banged up primary and only the outside secondary and helix and clutch guards at the same time they said they would install a clutch kit for no charge as the clutches were already apart ,they did no return a stock primary spring as they sad the clutch kit spring as what they put in they did not replace the rest of the banged up clutches as they decided they were good enough even though they are all beat up and they would not warranty the belt even though the clutch coming apart was the cause of all the damage.There was a recall for the clutch bolt backing out when I took it there earlier they said they checked the serial # and I did not need the update,after the clutches blew apart they checked the # again and told me I should not have been operating the machine do to the recall were sorry for the serial # mistake.Two machines from Grand Prairies can am dealer 40 grand plus a lot of other items .Poor,Poor dealer sells lots do to rig workers does not seem to care about quality of service.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like they did what they could only doo by BRP. These types of issues between customers and dealers are a sensitive topic on all forums. This is best delt with between you, dealer and BRP. Way to many potstirers on here lately. This thread could be going sideways fast we will keep a eye on it and take action if mit gets out of hand.

My recommendation call BRP hotline and explain your story to them. Keep it clean and don't freek out

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like they did what they could only doo by BRP. These types of issues between customers and dealers are a sensitive topic on all forums. This is best delt with between you, dealer and BRP. Way to many potstirers on here lately. This thread could be going sideways fast we will keep a eye on it and take action if mit gets out of hand.

My recommendation call BRP hotline and explain your story to them. Keep it clean and don't freek out

Far from me to be a pot stirring but I have mentioned them in the past,.. Now onto the wrong serial number, plain and simple they messed up, it has nothing to do with BRP SG, if it was a bulletin to repair it should still be done. What they probably did was already send in a claim for this repair, now that it has happened they can't submit another claim,.. IMO they should fix this mistake no ifs ands or buts,.. give them a shout see what they are willing to do, and if need be call BRP as suggested.

Good luck

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Had service issues in the past with them when they sold Kawi. That said I pretty much expect to get screwed on service by any dealer anymore be it toys or trucks or whatever. Gotta agree with AWTY tho...you did your diligence and took it in for the recall, they goofed not you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom