United Conservative Party - Register

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this moment, my "swaying" is leaning towards Kenney. I have been closely watching and listening to these guys over the last few weeks and I think Kenney is the one who will effectively stand up to the Feds and Trudope. I like Brian Jean but I have been discouraged of his public speaking abilities vs Jason Kenney. We need a strong voice who will get Alberta back on track.....while Jean has the right beliefs, I am not sure if he has the "right stuff" at this time to get the job done.

That seems to be the consensus amonst most UCP members. However, I do think Brian Jean has a better chance of getting more votes during the next election - maybe a possible chance for a majority government. While he may not be the most qualified to represent Alberta in a federal forum, he will still fight the same battles that Kenny will but maybe not quite as effectively. I don't necessarily believe that his public speaking skills reflect his overall capability.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the consensus amonst most UCP members. However, I do think Brian Jean has a better chance of getting more votes during the next election - maybe a possible chance for a majority government. While he may not be the most qualified to represent Alberta in a federal forum, he will still fight the same battles that Kenny will but maybe not quite as effectively. I don't necessarily believe that his public speaking skills reflect his overall capability.
Polls show all 3 candidates would win a majority government in 2019 if elected today.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i can't see them not winning, after what the ndpee have done to alberta, imposing their useless ideology on a once great province :(

there are still a large number of "people" out there that feel the NDP are doing a great job at running this province......... how they get this ideology I'm not sure, but I definitely don't want some of what they are smoking.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest fight is not the NDP, its the attack on alberta from all sides. We need to vote for the survival of our province first not our own little small issue we want dealt with. This election is about who can beat back Trudeau and all the BS thats keeping us landlocked.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think anyone that believes the next ucp leader can change the thinking of Trudeau needs to have a look at the history of the liberal party in relation to Alberta. No liberal leader has ever had the best interest of Albertans as their primary goal, no matter how much Jean or Kenney were to beat their drum Trudeau won't listen. They simply don't need Albertans votes to get in to power.

The only way Alberta will ever get it's say is to play like Quebec did and call for a referendum on separation, that might make the rest of the country take notice.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest fight is not the NDP, its the attack on alberta from all sides. We need to vote for the survival of our province first not our own little small issue we want dealt with. This election is about who can beat back Trudeau and all the BS thats keeping us landlocked.

Well fine then, take the high road. :) Kidding aside, I think they are both good candidates. Kenny never did finish University while Jean has a science degree, MBA, and a Law degree. Kenny is clearly a better speaker but does that necessarily make him more qualified? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we'd go wrong with either of these guys, so I'm going with the one who is ALSO going to tackle our own little small issue.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
there are still a large number of "people" out there that feel the NDP are doing a great job at running this province......... how they get this ideology I'm not sure, but I definitely don't want some of what they are smoking.

Most recent polls show only 23% support for Nothead and her hooligans

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Most recent polls show only 23% support for Nothead and her hooligans

how many people in their 20's and 30's respond to said polls...... those are the ones that put us into this mess with the NDP, and the ones that need to have their heads knocked until they realize they did wrong.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well fine then, take the high road. :) Kidding aside, I think they are both good candidates. Kenny never did finish University while Jean has a science degree, MBA, and a Law degree. Kenny is clearly a better speaker but does that necessarily make him more qualified? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we'd go wrong with either of these guys, so I'm going with the one who is ALSO going to tackle our own little small issue.
Take a look at their political accomplishments. Kenney helped start the Canadian Tax Payers Federation. He has been fighting unfair taxes by governments for years and is far more qualified in that respect. I like Brian but anytime I see a politician has a Law Degree I get chills up my spine.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many people in their 20's and 30's respond to said polls...... those are the ones that put us into this mess with the NDP, and the ones that need to have their heads knocked until they realize they did wrong.

The people in their 20-30 may have put us in this mess but the 31+ were to lazy, arrogant or whatever the issue was to get out and vote. I hope the voter turnout is higher this next election. I hope the ucp crush the ndp, but for every 10 complaining only 4 are going to do something about it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The people in their 20-30 may have put us in this mess but the 31+ were to lazy, arrogant or whatever the issue was to get out and vote. I hope the voter turnout is higher this next election. I hope the ucp crush the ndp, but for every 10 complaining only 4 are going to do something about it.
I agree

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that he has much of a chance but after seeing an interview of Doug Schweitzer he might be the better choice.

Not it an easy choice who to vote for, amazing that really the provincial election will be a mute point whom ever gets the upc leadership will be premier.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think anyone that believes the next ucp leader can change the thinking of Trudeau needs to have a look at the history of the liberal party in relation to Alberta. No liberal leader has ever had the best interest of Albertans as their primary goal, no matter how much Jean or Kenney were to beat their drum Trudeau won't listen. They simply don't need Albertans votes to get in to power.

The only way Alberta will ever get it's say is to play like Quebec did and call for a referendum on separation, that might make the rest of the country take notice.

No reasonable person would ever expect to “change” the Fed lib dipchit thinking....just fight against it and maybe log a few wins....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theoren Fleury called today asking for Brians vote. Sorry little buddy, keep skating hard.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holly smokes are the phone calls, texts and emails out of hand, I've had 4 calls in last 2 hours, Theo phoned me too lol.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I identify as a conservative and have always voted that way. Jason Kenny opened his mouth today saying that the Catholic School Board should be allowed to teach their own brand of sex ed. Basically that was gays are bad, premarital sex is wrong so we don't need to discuss much about those nasty STD's and, mommy always has to give in to the husbands demands for sex.

Notley had a very measured and professional response that is, I believe, the correct one. You can't imagine how much that irritates me.

What I want, really all I want out of a provincial conservative leader is if that person can shut the F up about his personal opinions particularly if they are religion rather than legal based. It is exactly that brand of stupid statement that will keep the NDP in power. If that person can be found, maybe they will also have the good sense to work on the fiscal side of things.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I identify as a conservative and have always voted that way. Jason Kenny opened his mouth today saying that the Catholic School Board should be allowed to teach their own brand of sex ed. Basically that was gays are bad, premarital sex is wrong so we don't need to discuss much about those nasty STD's and, mommy always has to give in to the husbands demands for sex.

Notley had a very measured and professional response that is, I believe, the correct one. You can't imagine how much that irritates me.

What I want, really all I want out of a provincial conservative leader is if that person can shut the F up about his personal opinions particularly if they are religion rather than legal based. It is exactly that brand of stupid statement that will keep the NDP in power. If that person can be found, maybe they will also have the good sense to work on the fiscal side of things.
The story I saw was Kenney told Notley to keep her nose out of the Catholic School boards business and mind her business? I guess I read the Global story and you read the CBCs?

Top Bottom