under revving & not stoked

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TRA's set to 4 & only revin' to 6700 was @8000 1/2 way through ride???? anyone have any ideas. I have MRBP can & lexan hood only mods...

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found a elbow to crank case just below coolant res. tucked under back side of motor spewing oil back @ the can, messy!!!! fire hazard? Ihope thats it. THX hellion if thats not it I'll get into the clutches..

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
intresting you say that cause powderslut pulled my plugs on the mnt. laast sun & they wer'nt gapped @ ,045?? goin' out tmorow to see. my mech @ work confirmed dirty clutch mech on primary, so much to learn,so much time...... I think the unplugged vent to block may have something to do with 1200 rpm loss I hope........

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yepp...invest in the tools and you can have both your clutches inspected and cleaned in under an hour

thax m powderslut is my man I'm forever in debt to his valor.... whatever that means .I'm just trying to get enough power to get by him & change his name to hard pack whore....he he haw haaaaaaaaaaaa Hey maxwell do you know if dynoport makes a trail can & a race can?????????? cause I have a dynoport but I'm not sure which one it is [it came on my sled when I bought it ..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont beleive they do.....but not positive.

pretty sure they just come black or ceramic those are the options i beleive

throw on a dp can and pipe maybe a dj or cudney clutch kit ull beat him hahaaa

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont beleive they do.....but not positive.

pretty sure they just come black or ceramic those are the options i beleive

throw on a dp can and pipe maybe a dj or cudney clutch kit ull beat him hahaaa

no he would need that addictive little red button.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is true...ur sleds probly alot lighter and bigger track hey? u already have apipe to right

and i swapped by red button for a black one...it was way to noticable i couldnt resist not hitting the big red easy button lol and for racing people would be like...cheater...i dont think its cheating

1hellion

Reaction score
Elephant Rider you should clean your clutches every 10 hrs of ride time, you get all that belt dust on your helx, shafts and weights. What I do is take my clutches apart once to twices a year and clean really good take a scatch pad and clean everything, I use starting fluid that works the best, it dry fast with no film its a dry clutch so you want everything to be clean and feely!
I spray my clutches out every time I ride my sled just take a can of starting fluid and spray everyting on your clutches mostly your secondery helx, if you can see black stuff on your helx its dirty.
You lose a easy 300 rpms with dirty clutching!!!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ele has a 151x15,and a set of 44 year old balls,I'm a young sl*t compared to him.Deep down inside he wants my sled,don't ya jeffy

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to youtube "or thier web sites" and type in DJ clutch or Cudney racing and they have little vidios that show you how to tear your clutchs apart. Once ya see it you will never pay someone to clean your stuff again. Pretty simply with the right tools.

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ele has a 151x15,and a set of 44 year old balls,I'm a young sl*t compared to him.Deep down inside he wants my sled,don't ya jeffy

no, young n@tz I just want wiely & me to one day leave you out the back, thanks powder slut but my ol' ballz are older than that!!!!!!!

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Did this issue ever get fixed. why do peps automaticly blaim clutching. Even with dirty clutches the unit will pull RPM.

Heres your fix....

The black oily spray is comming from some where..?.. from the RAVE vacuum line from the crank case.

The line fell off. Between the oil tank and inside RAVE solenoid-there is a black line with a clamp on it-may have fallen down. Cut the end of the hose just to the clamp and tighten the clamp whith side cutters-then push the line back on.....THEN POOF.....back to reving full RPM. If the RAVES dont open at WOT you wil only pull 7000RPM.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is true...ur sleds probly alot lighter and bigger track hey? u already have apipe to right

and i swapped by red button for a black one...it was way to noticable i couldnt resist not hitting the big red easy button lol and for racing people would be like...cheater...i dont think its cheating

Ha, cheating is a word that losers created to make them feel better. I love the button! If I can just find a 60lbs tank to last me all day.lol

Top Bottom