Type of oil

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finding so much information I can use on this site! Learning alot Thank you. I saw in a posting that running Arctic Cat oil in an Arctic Cat could make it start easier. I was wondering how much of a difference the type of oil makes. We have been using Royal Purple synthetic. I have an AC Powder special 600efi, my husband has a 2000 summit 700.

W

woodies

don't be sold on cat oil its not better or worse than any oil. they all work great as long as you stay with same either full or semi. i have ran all brands and never problem so take that as my opition.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't be sold on cat oil its not better or worse than any oil. they all work great as long as you stay with same either full or semi. i have ran all brands and never problem so take that as my opition.

Thanks. We found a great deal on royal purple and stocked up.

crossfire 6

Reaction score
all oil is refined pretty close to the same way, the only difference is semi synthetic and fully synthetic.. we burn yamalube in our arctic cats and everything is fine

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all oil is refined pretty close to the same way, the only difference is semi synthetic and fully synthetic.. we burn yamalube in our arctic cats and everything is fine

Do you notice a difference in the ease of starting between synthetic and semi synthetic? When it gets cold my engine can be a bit tough to pull over for me. Not so much for my husband. I have learned to improvise, as we go riding alot without him.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you notice a difference in the ease of starting between synthetic and semi synthetic? When it gets cold my engine can be a bit tough to pull over for me. Not so much for my husband. I have learned to improvise, as we go riding alot without him.
I can't see that it would make that much of a diference. maybe if you had some high teck test equipment you could see a small differnce, but nothing that you could notice by just pulling the rope.

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
I can't see that it would make that much of a diference. maybe if you had some high teck test equipment you could see a small differnce, but nothing that you could notice by just pulling the rope.

Cool, thanks.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. If there is no big difference we'll stay with Royal Purple synthetic.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

I seem to recall someone giving pryder a hard time about his spelling:nono:

Top Bottom