Type of oil

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which oil is the best or do most of you guys use.....I've only had a Polaris so i used there oil.
I know that there is alot on the market but what to use?
Use the Cat oil or Amsoil

How much should a jug cost?And approx. how long should last in the sled?

My 97 XLT was a pig on old.Used 1 tank gas 1 tank oil

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil interceptor, run it in many sleds : 03 Cat 900, 04 Cat 700, couple 04 Doo 800's, works great

I think there's some for sale in the classifieds on this site, rknight is a dealer for Amsoil on here...

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get the amsoil from Rknight here on the site. I have only used the Artic cat oil in my M1 with the power valves and have had no problem with anything.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have mixed fellings on oil after last year! ran intercepter last winter untill the last trip when red deer was out of it so i bought dominator. bbbaahhh. $$$$$ motor job! i cant say for sure if it was the oil or not. but i will stick to cat oil from now on! plus its cheaper!

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i called te guy i did buy the sled from and he said he used the cat oil APV.
Now that i know i'm gonna stick with the same oil.Thanks for the input.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to run cat oil... but then i met a guy that i could get ams oil interceptor for cheap... and i read up on it and i have heard that the ams oil interceptro is better than the cat apv oil... so instead of paying 50 bucks a jug for cat oil i spend 25 a jug for interceptor and i haven't had an issue at all. sometime this year i might pull my power valves and take a look and see if they are gummed up or clean... i will repost afterwards.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run interceptor with no problems after blowing crank on doo oil. Does't smell or burn your eyes.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you bought Amsoil recently, i bought a case a few weeks back, and it has gone up a bit. Used to be $100 a case, unless they made a mistake.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just called Argyll and they told me $57 and Echo wants $60 a jug..OUCH....If you can get me a jug or 2 even a case down from Red Deer to Edm before Sat. i'll take them.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you bought Amsoil recently, i bought a case a few weeks back, and it has gone up a bit. Used to be $100 a case, unless they made a mistake.

I have a case coming in right quick here... never checked the price this year... maybe it did go up, i'll let u know... as far as i know its still 100 bucks but i could easily be wrong... i've been wrong before, we'll see.

Top Bottom