Two stroke oil

Green=Go!

Reaction score
Does it hurt to mix brands on the 2stroke synthetic oil? Also, if in desperate need, can a person use regular oil, if you run out of synthetic, if the machine currently uses synthetic?

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about ACs but in my 06 800 rev I have mixed Castrol reg with Skidoo mineral oil as well as amsoil with Castrol when in a pinch don't know if it reduced the life expectancy of my engine but it ran fine never fouled plugs.:eek:

SKI-D00

Reaction score
The common rule I was taught about oil was...

“Mineral Oil for the first 500 break-in km. Drain the tank fully, as well as lines, and then switch over to Full Synthetic.”

It’s not recommended to run “regular oil” in the same tank as synthetic until one of them is completely out of the system. Also, regular oil may not be harmful, but it's not very beneficial...it doesn’t provide the maximum lubrication needs for these newer sleds…

As far as mixing two different brands of synthetic oil, I see little harm in it providing they are the same blend. However, I would choose one over the other. Ams Oil still shows really clean results after a couple thousand… and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than the dealer stuff!

Just my thoughts…

Top Bottom