two stroke gas/oil mix

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering what people are running for premium/oil mix ??? im running a CR500R, with a 30 horse shot of nitrous. wondering what i should run for a mix ratio, im breaking the motor in at 30:1, but wondering if anyone has suggestions for what to run later on....?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
30 shot....hahahaha. This bike is obviously a hill climber? If so Id run 50:1 with 110 octane. Don't much matter for short runs. If its just an everyday ridable bike then use a 32:1 and pack a spare engine with you :rolling:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Break the motor in with what ever you have it jetted for running a motor with a richer oiler mixture for break in actually leans out the air fuel mixture
i ran opti 2 for years at 60-1 (mixed as per opti squeeze bottle) in 2 stroke 250 never had a problem but I ws also not running nitrous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have always mixed my oil 20:1, Never noticed any performance decrease from my friends that run 50:1

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big 4 always recommend 32:1. In
My KTM book it recommends 60:1 but I go 45:1. Run it rich as long as your not fouling plugs, atleast you won't lock it up with lots of oil.

Sent from my mobile telephone

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You building this beast for a hill climber or for the dunes cause a 500 in the dunes is a lot of fun a 500 in the dunes with nos would be awesome

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run a 01 125 with a 144 kit and the head is shaved down i run straight av gas 32:1 oil mixture

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50:1 and Ive owned a lot of 500's for hill climbing (-nitrous mind you), just ask teeroy, he's an expert on the ol 500 as well :) 32:1 is aight too

TRAV

Reaction score
i've ran seveal CR500's and run BelRay MC1 at 40:1. Seen alot of cracked pistions when running same oil at 50:1, but none at 40:1. If anything I would run a little richer when huffing the bottle!! It makes stuff run hot!! And depending how much you shaved your head, I would make sure you run good fuel.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
haha posts like this make me laugh. No offense to the original poster, but if your running a 500 2 stroke with a shaved head and nitrous, something like oil:gas mix is something you should probably know. The shaved head/nitrous mix means you NEED race fuel. 110/111 octane straight! Any idea what your compression ratio is? The nitrous doesn't mean much when it comes to oil mixture, as I imagine you won't be on the button for too long. I would run 40:1 with a good high quality oil. You know you have to break in with Mineral oil, right? Then can switch to a synthetic or blend oil after the first ride.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha posts like this make me laugh. No offense to the original poster, but if your running a 500 2 stroke with a shaved head and nitrous, something like oil:gas mix is something you should probably know. The shaved head/nitrous mix means you NEED race fuel. 110/111 octane straight! Any idea what your compression ratio is? The nitrous doesn't mean much when it comes to oil mixture, as I imagine you won't be on the button for too long. I would run 40:1 with a good high quality oil. You know you have to break in with Mineral oil, right? Then can switch to a synthetic or blend oil after the first ride.

i have been running 32:1, was just curious to hear some other peoples idears, there a problem in that ?! i also put the stock head back on and am running 15-20 % race fuel.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and yeah its a hillclimb bike but its also a "ride to said hill" bike, ive ridden at brule a ton, if you ever see a white 500 with a swingarm 14 inches longer then stock with a bottle under the rear fender its likely me !

DakDirtbiker

Reaction score
@Xtremist

I'm thinking on doing a nitrous build and had a few questions you ran nitrous with a shaved head what was your compression ratio? But you switched back to stock head was it cause of dentionation problems? What was max shot you ever used on it, did you run into engine problems at all?

Top Bottom