Two brand new cats wrote off..... Not for the faint of heart....

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just stupid. F*** use your head, the guy that smoke other dude on the white sled was obviously not paying attention. Wow!! He was going so fast it was all a blur, Till he hit. He had lots of time to slow down but didn't. What give? Good thing no one was killed by this.

Luvinit

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that this is a perfect example of how speed kills, when you see someone coming at you, you don,t judge them at high speeds, you judge them at normal speed. If they are going double normal speed, they get there at half the time expected and boom. I,m sure the guy on the white cat thought he had time to get out of the way.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that this is a perfect example of how speed kills, when you see someone coming at you, you don,t judge them at high speeds, you judge them at normal speed. If they are going double normal speed, they get there at half the time expected and boom. I,m sure the guy on the white cat thought he had time to get out of the way.
Theres a normal snowmobiling speed? I guess I missed that memo care to enlighten on what it is?

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got the horse shoe turned the rigt way!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is just nasty.... VERY fortunate that both were able to walk away, could have been so much worse. I have two boys that are riding sleds now, one 16 and one 11 years old. We ride with groups of families sometimes, there can be many riders... many of which are Newbies. I make a great effort to inform all of them to be VERY AWARE OF OTHER SLEDDERS.... and to ALWAYS look around before making a sharp turn or stopping. An Accident like this is lurking around every corner. Makes me sick to see it and think this can happen to anyone out there... especially when it could be one of our kids.

My opinion is that both of these guys made serious errors. First of all the dude on the black cat had all the time in world to slow down and avoid the crash.... even if the sled he hit was White, black or blue, any moron can see a sled with a rider on it from 100's of yards away....really. You can ride fast, we all do... just use your head. The guy on the white cat has learned a very valuable leason.... never make a turn with out taking a look in both directions, it HAS to be a habit, just like when you are on the road in your truck or car.

I have been sledding for 30 years and have had a few screw ups that could have been sooo much worse... we all screw up once in a while.

I will be showing my boys this video as a warning.... ride smart!

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K its both of there faults. Every one has to see how fast there new toy will go and when your going that fast your oonly looking at what is in front of you and he might have see the 2 guys on the side of the trail but the guy on the m has a white sled and makes it harder to notice when your pushing your sled to its limits. the new guy clearly had no clue that the other guy was gonna come flying up on them but when he sen him he probably didnt know what to do or what the 1100 was going to do so just blaming it on the guy that was going fast ismt fair put your self in his shoes hes just going straight and the other guy turned in front of him but there both extremely lucky to even be alive never mind walk away

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys that are blaming the color of the sled have to be joking!!The thing has more orange on it than most guys wear during hunting season!!The guy on the turbo is an azzhole for blasting by a group of sleds like that but the white sled was too concerned that his buddies were watching him and pulled right in front of the other sled!!Also if you look at the time at about 17 or18 sec he is looking at the other sled!!He shouldn't have moved!!They are both at fault but the guy on the white sled is more at fault in my opinion!Good lesson for all the newbees out there to be aware of your surroundings!!!!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, hard to believe nobody was hurt in that crash. Hopefully this one keep the newb from riding sleds. The dude on the turbo should have slowed down when he saw that group, if he didn't see them, he wasn't paying attention. Someone was definitley watching out for them that day.

Top Bottom