Two brand new cats wrote off..... Not for the faint of heart....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want the engine and electronics he can keep the rest! That engine would be nice in a XP with a turbo!
i am thinking if it pushed the jackshaft right out the side that the engine crank and elctrics may not have faired to well either.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having a hard time understanding how anyone can fault the guy on the m8??? Hes a newbie in an open field away from other peeps and obstacles practicing to become better, and a rocket comes outta nowhere and $hit smashes him?? Kinda hard to know ur surroundings wen someone mach chickens into ur blindside. Its real cut and dry to me whos at fault.
X2 to that

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
hmmm and no one brought up the higher insurance rates people are required to pay yet? :)

Sleds and quads do work different then auto in regards to that. They won't have to pay higher rates for those accidents. I sell insurance and have even helped lots from this site that say had a recent auto claim but it never affected the sled rates. Hard to explain.

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
Just because the one guy is a newbie, doesn't mean he's not to blame also. He did stop, then pull right in front of the 1100. In my opinion both guys could have avoided this collision. I'm not making any excuses for the guy not slowing down. The video shows that you have zero time to react at that speed. Thankfully lessons learned for everyone involved as well as all who watch it.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex are you serious, the guy doing 100 mph should get a shheeet kickin.

No SHEET!!!! I'd be testing the Black cat guy's helmet strength with a Bat!!! Helmet is only as good as the brain it buckets :) Now wood or aluminum bat hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hehe

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No SHEET!!!! I'd be testing the Black cat guy's helmet strength with a Bat!!! Helmet is only as good as the brain it buckets :) Now wood or aluminum bat hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hehe
Wood wouldnt vibrate in the hands as much...but aluminum would hold together better while bashing the helmet. I go aluminum.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because the one guy is a newbie, doesn't mean he's not to blame also. He did stop, then pull right in front of the 1100. In my opinion both guys could have avoided this collision. I'm not making any excuses for the guy not slowing down. The video shows that you have zero time to react at that speed. Thankfully lessons learned for everyone involved as well as all who watch it.

I watched this the first time on my phone, I just watched it in slow-mo on my big screen and if you look the White sled is already started the turn and stopped when you can see the head light coming. Where the F@#$ was the mach chicken going if he didn't move? He would have blew by (probably clipping the White sled ski tips)????????? Sorry if I see a sled sideways my first choice will never be blow by as fast as I can right in front of it???? Dick move IMO.
I hope Newbie gets a new sled and can enjoy the sport with respect like most of us.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at second 16 on the video I think the guy on the M8 did what some one yelled out to him.......I heard some one say "Pin it" I think the newbe was just doing what he was told to corner.......by some one in the group! just my 2 cents......glad no one was hurt, but I bet they are sore!

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having a hard time understanding how anyone can fault the guy on the m8??? Hes a newbie in an open field away from other peeps and obstacles practicing to become better, and a rocket comes outta nowhere and $hit smashes him?? Kinda hard to know ur surroundings wen someone mach chickens into ur blindside. Its real cut and dry to me whos at fault.
It doesn't matter where you are riding or why, you need to be aware of your surroundings. If your head isn't in the game you shouldn't be operating a motorized vehicle of any kind. That goes for both riders in this case; one guy staring down at his speedo seeing how fast his new turbo toy can go, the other guy looking back at his buddies to make sure the camera is rolling because he wants to make sure his pow turn is caught on tape when he should be minding the pair of HID lights that are obviously coming his way. Glad nobody was seriously hurt and I hope everyone who sees this learned a valuable lesson. This sport has a reputation for being filled with guys that have more money than brains and incidents like these are the reason.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newfoundland test pilot shows he has the "Right Stuff" in this top-secret video of the east coast's attempt to make good on it's promise of putting a fishermen on the moon by 2015.

Best reply of this whole thread!!!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be sueing his ass off. No reason to blow past guys going that fast. It isnt like it is a roadway. Totally open area. There are no lanes out in the bush.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sueing? Ya I think he shouldn't be blowing past a group but there are two sides to the story. He shouldn't have drove in front of him just as much as the other guy should have slowed down. Just my opinion. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didnt just pull out in front of him. In the video you can see the guys headlights for a long time. Hardly pulling out in front of him. If the guys reactions are so slow that he cannot drive around someone that" pulled out in front of him" like you say he shouldnt be riding any faster then 20km/h.

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Cant believe no one was seriously hurt. If i was buddy who got ran into i think i might be on the war path big time!!

Top Bottom