Twisted m8

vans

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running these kits and how they like them. What size turbo would u suggest as I am mostly a boondocker and climb some hills but nothing to crazy. I know that shain is not updating his webpage and have been told to just call him if I want to buy a kit. Not sure if he is still making kits or selling old stock. And other than smokindave have experience installing the kits. Thanks for your info just a little hesitant to buy when the company may or may not be in business anymore. It a 2011 m8 sp

vans

Reaction score
Was hopping someone had some info I need to make a decision soon on the turbo as my sled is dated and I imagine kits will get scare. I will probably run Neil boost it box but still want a solid, reliable kit that you get quality components and have someone prefer kit builder or installer to be able to set up the sled as its my first turbo. I would love to install it my self but not sure if I have time maybe in summer. So if no one recommend twisted which I believe to be a good kit for price and options that you can have for a fair price let me know what you have found to be as good in you eyes for a race gas kit. Any honest pro pro or con the kit would help a great deal. Thanks Ryan

vans

Reaction score
I guess nobody rides this kit funny cause I know they were popular a few seasons ago but so far nobody has any info or experience with the kit too bad cause I would hate to end up riding a different kit cause there are nobody with experience in dealing with the install, trouble shoot and info on the twisted kit. Or if the kit would suit my riding style

cat925

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running these kits and how they like them. What size turbo would u suggest as I am mostly a boondocker and climb some hills but nothing to crazy. I know that shain is not updating his webpage and have been told to just call him if I want to buy a kit. Not sure if he is still making kits or selling old stock. And other than smokindave have experience installing the kits. Thanks for your info just a little hesitant to buy when the company may or may not be in business anymore. It a 2011 m8 sp
If ur not into the big hills I would just do curlers 950 big bore way more responsive and smoother power delivery and if you do want a turbo go with boondocker pump gas or cutlers I'm running a stage two on my 12 m8 12 pounds of boost sled rocks but I turn down the boost when im in trees

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the twisted kit and love it. Running at 10lbs right now and was at 7ish last season. Never had an issue last season at 7 and it's been good so far this year at 10. Only problem I have is that at the end of the day my arms are super tired from trying to hold on haha.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the twisted kit and love it. Running at 10lbs right now and was at 7ish last season. Never had an issue last season at 7 and it's been good so far this year at 10. Only problem I have is that at the end of the day my arms are super tired from trying to hold on haha.

What did you change to go from 7 to 10 lbs boost? What fuel were you running at each level? Clutching and box settings changes? And finally does your motor have any changes done to it (port timing/compression ratio)? Thanks

96j

Reaction score
I have a 2010 m8 with 450miles on it. In the begaining of January i got my race gas kit from shain. Not yet done but been a easy install, and if you have any questions you can get shain a call. He always answers the phone. It is a sick kit with billet piece for the two other injectors. The turbo is a garret 2876, hope to have it going in a week. Just can't wait to ride this thing.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Here is some advice, if pulling monster hills is not your thing, than dont waste your money on a turbo. They dont run the greatest at the bottom end for slow moving technical riding. Doing some other mods like a big bore kit or a head would be more suited for a mainly boondocker kind of person. You would have to dial down the boost anyway, for the type of riding you are describing, which defeats the purpose of getting a turbo when you can get the same performance for a lot less. Any one who tells you different is trying to sell you something. Yes I have a turbo, and yes I ride with guys who have turbos and no they are not all from the same builder and non of them run that great out of the hole, specially at higher boost. At least not like a stocker does.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is some advice, if pulling monster hills is not your thing, than dont waste your money on a turbo. They dont run the greatest at the bottom end for slow moving technical riding. Doing some other mods like a big bore kit or a head would be more suited for a mainly boondocker kind of person. You would have to dial down the boost anyway, for the type of riding you are describing, which defeats the purpose of getting a turbo when you can get the same performance for a lot less. Any one who tells you different is trying to sell you something. Yes I have a turbo, and yes I ride with guys who have turbos and no they are not all from the same builder and non of them run that great out of the hole, specially at higher boost. At least not like a stocker does.

This ^

I've got mine pretty dialed in now but slow tree riding is definitely a challenge. A lot of brake and throttle.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was hopping someone had some info I need to make a decision soon on the turbo as my sled is dated and I imagine kits will get scare. I will probably run Neil boost it box but still want a solid, reliable kit that you get quality components and have someone prefer kit builder or installer to be able to set up the sled as its my first turbo. I would love to install it my self but not sure if I have time maybe in summer. So if no one recommend twisted which I believe to be a good kit for price and options that you can have for a fair price let me know what you have found to be as good in you eyes for a race gas kit. Any honest pro pro or con the kit would help a great deal. Thanks Ryan

I believe Brent Linderman is concidered to be a Cat guy, when it comes to performance upgrades ect.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Shain is still in business building and selling the Twisted Turbo kits,best kit on the market for the M series Cat IMHO.

Rossatron

Reaction score
Once you put a boost it box on your machine you will have low end again, its far superior to the dobec style boxes. will run like stock on bottom end.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The twisted kit is awesome! Sorry for trying to bump you out of a sale Shane, but your better off to sell your m8 and buy my 2011 twisted turbo m8. Posted on here under arctic cats for sale...recognize it Shane lol. Great sled for climbing, tree riding what ever your into. Race gas kit installed will run you just short of what I'm asking...just a thought.

pow76

Reaction score
i got one in my shop for sale if your interested give me a call 250-423-0730

Reaction score
I have run two twisted kits cant beat them for pull cord reliability. if u do regular maintiniance they run .I installed both my kits I run ten pounds boost at 40 race 60 pump takes few rides usually to set attitude boxset way u go a long as you keep fuel mixed the same and leave your boost nob alone to many ppl play around with that stuff to much and wonder y there sleds don't run consistent and blame it on attitude box . I have over 2000km on my last twisted kit haven't touched control box since I tuned it . my 13 year old son rides its now I throttle response is wicked .funest sleds I ever rode for tree riding iam not into hill climbing so id recommend a twisted kit to anyone .

Top Bottom