Tv in detached Garage

Dakine879

Reaction score
Ahhh you beat me to it... Another good option is setting up a nanostation from your current router in the house facing your garage.. This access point with broadcast a good strong signal to your shop and is quite easy to set up and not overly expencive..

Yeah the nanostation was what i thought would be the best solution for sure, they work well!

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they do... I set up a fairly large rv park with them. Only had to extend one area with a access point to get the signal through the trees for 3 sites

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your already paying for Bell- add a dish and receiver. I have 4 dishes and 6 receivers on one account.

I’m maxed out on my receivers otherwise yes you’re right I could do that.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your already paying for Bell- add a dish and receiver. I have 4 dishes and 6 receivers on one account.

Is 6 the magic number with them? I have 2 dual tuner 9242's and 1 6400 so does that count as 5 or are they counting per actual box?

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is 6 the magic number with them? I have 2 dual tuner 9242's and 1 6400 so does that count as 5 or are they counting per actual box?
Per Box. I have 6 dual tuner boxes at 4 buildings. Bell wants to hear that all 6 units are in the same building. They cannot tell where they are unless you connect a network cable or are dumb enough to tell them.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Per Box. I have 6 dual tuner boxes at 4 buildings. Bell wants to hear that all 6 units are in the same building. They cannot tell where they are unless you connect a network cable or are dumb enough to tell them.

Ya, mine aren't connected...

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oops I was mistaken! I thought you can add a 7th bell receiver but 6 is the max...FYI so no one wasted 2 hours talking with Bell India

Last edited:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a wifi repeater and my new Apple tv box is picking it up fine ..so far! Netflix, Prime tv all work great.
Maybe this summer I’ll dig in a internet line and set up a router in the shop.
But right now I’m paying lots for Bell so I think I should try and use it vs streaming. I ordered this last night so I’ll give it a try by putting a splitter in so one HDMI from my Bell out will go to my existing tv and the other to the new transmitter.

So I tried the HDMI transmitter, in several different locations and I couldn’t get a hockey game to come in clear. Regular tv was ok but hockey as too much going on I guess. So on to plan D....? Keep researching
Thanks for all the suggestions

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I tried the HDMI transmitter, in several different locations and I couldn’t get a hockey game to come in clear. Regular tv was ok but hockey as too much going on I guess. So on to plan D....? Keep researching
Thanks for all the suggestions
Add another dish (move an existing machine to the garage) -use the HDMI transmitter somewhere in the house. Shop is more important.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally getting around to posting results!
Ended up deactivating a receiver from basement and bought a $25 Bell6131 on Kijiji and activated it for the garage.

I got lucky and I already had a 4 output LNB on my dish but I only had 3 in use so I ran a new line to garage and will bury it this summer.
My Apple TV works just fine off wifi with the boosted I have. Need some drapes for windows as the tv is old and has lots of glare but works great!
Oh and I restocked the fridge!
871bf05281a4632d0abc606e52651286.jpg

Last edited:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im too busy to watch TV?i put a 10,000 lb hoist in my garage, and a sled hoist and bike jack tire machine and balancer on other side to work on my old sleds..cant afford new sled anymore.way to overpriced for this ole sledder,and they depreciate faster than i could make payments on them.

Attachments

• new hoist up Jan 06-15.jpg
    new hoist up Jan 06-15.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom