Turtle

Brentk

Reaction score
I was in there on Feb 26th from the usual way. My buddy and i were the only ones up there that day. the 2 other crews that attempted could not make it. we watched and listened from on top. beware the many terrain traps and save it for a sunny day.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what wat is easier to get in ? I have only been in the regular way, but was looking at the other way on google earth

Brentk

Reaction score
only been in the regular way, so i am not sure. either way, you have to climb and sidehill through monster tree wells to get up. the other way would be longer and probably no trail in that is defined or ridden that much, if i am guessing at what you are looking at, but i am sure that would be a great adventure. giver a try and let us know how it went.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The traditional way takes you past a couple of heli ski runs. Some sledders don't read well and often ignore the 'stay on trail' signs, so they have been encouraging us to use the 'new' way. You have to go just a little further up the Kirk-up across the bridge and turn right. Follow the logging road up the valley and once you cross back to the Turtle side there is a way (or several) up through the trees. It's a long way up and my hats off to the guys who break trail that way in fresh powder. Once at the top you are above the upper lake.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went in this past weekend, but as soon as we got up there it socked in real bad so we went back down,...... to bad I guess we'll have to try again next year:d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That back way up is crazy, I can't believe people actually break a trail up through the trees. its long and theres no stopping till you get up.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome ride in at any time of the year! Look forward to that ride when there's lot's of pow. Get's technical but fun as hell!

Top Bottom