turnbuckles for an x deck?

F5_Z06

Reaction score
Picked up a used Xdeck last week and I need to know where I can get turnbuckles with locking nuts to tie it down in Edmonton. I'm eventually going to bolt it down, just need turnbuckles as a quick fix.

paver

Reaction score
Home Depot has a good selection I got the ones with hook on one end and eye on other end then just added a nut on them to lock them have worked great on all my decks. Any bolt supply place should have what you need though.

Bozo

Reaction score
What size of turnbuckle does the job? Is 3/8" bolt adequate?....is a 1/2" bolt over kill?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity why doesn't anybody use ratchet straps, turn buckles always came loose and were a PIA for me.... switched to heavy duty 1.5" ratchet straps. ! per corner and never had a problem again. Plus you can come up with much better angles to really anchor the deck.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity why doesn't anybody use ratchet straps, turn buckles always came loose and were a PIA for me.... switched to heavy duty 1.5" ratchet straps. ! per corner and never had a problem again. Plus you can come up with much better angles to really anchor the deck.
I was wondering the same. I got some turn buckles from a friend when I bought the deck that have locking nuts on them. But was wondering about the straps too. I never hear of anyone using them.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is in with turn buckles and a guy from work runs heavy duty straps. I will be switching next time I need to take my deck out. Turn buckles are a pain in the ace.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Home Depot. Ran ratchet straps for a majority of the year a while back, worked good too.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turnbuckles are a bit of a pia, but you put them on once a season so who cares. i would personally trust them more. dont use cheap hook ones though, they can bend straight and fall off from bouncing up a logging road. use the jaw or eye type with some shackles.

F5_Z06

Reaction score
All I could find at Home Depot were turnbuckles I wouldn't even trust my clothesline on never mind a sled deck and princess auto was out of stock so the search continues...

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Ive been using heavy duty ratchet straps that work good. but saw some cam over units from bulldog decks that looked intetesting Anybody used these before?

Top Bottom