Turboed Sled

duch17

Reaction score
Besides the four strokes what is everybodies opions on what is the best sled to turbo, as far as results easiest cost ect. Im really thinking of getting rid of my XP to either turbo a Cat or Polaris or should i take a chance on Turboing a XP.

duch17

Reaction score
Or should i Big Bore my Xp and stay away from turbo's,

studsrsx

Reaction score
Just my opinion but boost the xp...there has been nothing but a smile on my face since i did mine.

duch17

Reaction score
I would like to ride and compare the two, the other things i would be wondering is what turbo kit to run with the XP and what big bore to run, im really not wanting to buy any more sleds for a few years so i decided i would like to make one into a head turner.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
manitoba? riding in the flats all the time?

nothing but problems with changing elevation with moutain riding

Aren't you going to build a 600 Turbo? :)

duch - talk to Turbo Boyz - they have a kit for the XP that is apparently working well.

I would say that Cat's are probably the easiest to boost though, mainly because lots of people have done it and lots have experience, closely followed by the new Dragons.

duch17

Reaction score
Thnks guys for all you help, im really torn at what a turbo 2 stroke would be like and a big bore, i guess i'll have to suprise my self along with my riding partners:eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't you going to build a 600 Turbo? :)

duch - talk to Turbo Boyz - they have a kit for the XP that is apparently working well.

I would say that Cat's are probably the easiest to boost though, mainly because lots of people have done it and lots have experience, closely followed by the new Dragons.

SDI...much easier....

i would never turbo a carb sled for mountain riding...i shouldnt say i wouldnt but there are alot better options.

duch17

Reaction score
now i think i need to think which big bore to get and forget the turbo, unless the wife lets me buy her a polaris or cat, she'll new no better if there was a turbo on it:rolleyes:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally would not turbo a two storke go with the big bore, you will be told info about kits that work ect. but guys that do have them are always wrenching on them and are never happy. Do it right turbo a yammie there is many turn key kits, race fuel and oil changes.

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally would not turbo a two storke go with the big bore, you will be told info about kits that work ect. but guys that do have them are always wrenching on them and are never happy. Do it right turbo a yammie there is many turn key kits, race fuel and oil changes.

I agree go with a yammie. i have only rode mine stock but we didnt need to give it an oilchange uptill 1200k, and never had any problems with it at all!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dturbo is the best bang , ive rode with lots of 2 stroke turbos and they are very good , yu need a pump gas boondocker kit

studsrsx

Reaction score
manitoba? riding in the flats all the time?

nothing but problems with changing elevation with moutain riding

Yeh, 90 perfect of my riding is on the flats. No clutching issues once I got it setup, as far as mountain riding just some minor changes. Biggest issue for me is the long distance trips we can do here and packing enough fuel.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Try searching around the internet for some vids on Cory Micku. He builds Bikeman 880bb and his xp is all carbon fibre I believe and tips the scales at 383 ready to ride. Even though he will give up some power to altitude, his sled seems to rock. He's no slouch for a rider either. MMM8 features him quite a bit.

Top Bottom