Turbo XM Won't Start

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I rode my turbo for the first time today and it ran great all day. Had a blast and everything seemed good and then when we were going to start heading down, out of nowhere I got a low voltage error on my Afr gauge and the sled died and would not start. Had to tow it down. Only thing weird today was at one point my gauge was showing 0 rpm 0 elevation and neither needle was moving. Popped the gauge out and the connection was tight but when I put it back together it all worked again. Thinking maybe the gauge lost ground and blew my coils? Anybody see anything like this before?

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the one under the oil tank...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rfbot

Reaction score
Ground runs through headlight/guages if you had a poor connection or plug came loose could have fried ignition solenoid.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its your coils. It has happened to a two of my buddies and it was coils In both cases. take it and get it tested but I would bet it will be coils. They are so sensitive and that's why we carry spare coils in the trailer.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 of my xms lost coils and stators. On one machine it happened twice

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the dealer just told me that it was a bad gauge, but they said the only reason that the coils went is because of the fuel controller for the turbo. So on a stock sled can you run it with the gauges disconnected?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel controller and coils are not linked in any way as far as i know. fuel box controls injectors only ... correct me if im wrong.

So the dealer just told me that it was a bad gauge, but they said the only reason that the coils went is because of the fuel controller for the turbo. So on a stock sled can you run it with the gauges disconnected?

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dobeck does piggy back into the coils.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1418879398410.jpg

Top Bottom