Turbo Sled insurance.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! just a quick question about brokers.

Who do you go through for your insurance needs? Trying to insure my turbo this winter again and aviva won't insure me. They said i could get coverage through Nordic, but i'm looking at 1500-2000 for the year.

Thanks!

Evan.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never had an issue insuring a 14rmk turbo, just make sure you keep receipts and take pictures of the sled / add ons so if stolen you can prove what was on it, went through this last year with stolen rzr's insurance needed accessories receipts.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both of my turbo sleds are insured through Co-operators. Gave them copies of the receipts of the add ons and pay $450/year for full coverage.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does the insurance company have to know you have a turbo anyways? I mean as they state, any engine modifications. Aftermarket pipe and can would be considered engine mod no? Don't see the point in trying to insure a turbo system and not just the sled itself. Someone may clarify this.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does the insurance company have to know you have a turbo anyways? I mean as they state, any engine modifications. Aftermarket pipe and can would be considered engine mod no? Don't see the point in trying to insure a turbo system and not just the sled itself. Someone may clarify this.

Well I insured mine with disclosure of the turbo so if stolen I got the $8000 back the turbo cost and if it burned to the ground and investigators determined turbo was to blame I had coverage for the $25000 I had in the sled rather than getting zero.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I insured mine with disclosure of the turbo so if stolen I got the $8000 back the turbo cost and if it burned to the ground and investigators determined turbo was to blame I had coverage for the $25000 I had in the sled rather than getting zero.

That makes total sense, complete loss would be hard pill to swallow. But those who 800-1000 to insure a turbo sled are out to lunch if you ask me. But if she's burnt up how can investigator determine the turbo was at fault?

Top Bottom