Turbo pro fuel?

gdawg

Reaction score
2012 pro 163 gettin turbo installed. I've heard a lot about av gas and say vp fuel. What is the way to go. I love in Alberta both are equally easily accessible. Is straight av gas just as fine to run as mixing fuel what are the pros and cons? Or is a guy better to just buy some c16 and mix with premium? Thanks

mt.sledder

Reaction score
av gas is a lot cheaper to run that mixing vp fuel and will give you just as much octane as 50/50 mix.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But isnt vp fuel better even when mixing to the same octane? or is Av gas just as good as a 100 octane mix of VP and Premium?

robhayward

Reaction score
AV is really good gas in the respect that it is very reliable. The aviation industry cannot afford a plane going down due to a bad tank, it tests very high for consistency and quality. Everything about VP is also great except the price. Check out Alberta Fuel Distributers. They have an Edmonton fuel yard that you can buy 111 octane for 2.16 a liter. I live in Calgary so I'm not driving there for a fill. AV down here (104 MON) is 1.76 a liter.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AV is really good gas in the respect that it is very reliable. The aviation industry cannot afford a plane going down due to a bad tank, it tests very high for consistency and quality. Everything about VP is also great except the price. Check out Alberta Fuel Distributers. They have an Edmonton fuel yard that you can buy 111 octane for 2.16 a liter. I live in Calgary so I'm not driving there for a fill. AV down here (104 MON) is 1.76 a liter.

Know a good place in edmonton to get av gas?

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by the VP rep that you can mix C12 with Premium down to 50/50 , but that you can not do this with C16 after a 80-C16/20- premium mix the C16 breaks down and you will have det problem

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by the VP rep that you can mix C12 with Premium down to 50/50 , but that you can not do this with C16 after a 80-C16/20- premium mix the C16 breaks down and you will have det problem

But i still think it would be cheaper to run straight av gas then mix c12 50/50. havnt found any prices around town yet though.

jessed

Reaction score
I was buying VP 111 for my 2012 Pro-Turbo. Expensive fuel to mix. Track Tech fuels is also an option (which I believe is what Alberta Fuel Distributors sell). I bought TT111L which was quite a bit cheaper when I purchased it. Where is everyone buying fuel and what kind of prices for a drum of C12/equivalent fuel or av gas?

XP2009

Reaction score
I have been running VP 111 and 12 for the last few years and i'm happy with it except for cost. Does anyone have first hand experience with track tech fuels (111)?? how does it compare to VP??

CHRISTOPH

Reaction score
if your looking for av gas in the edmonton area, go to cardinal aviation in villeneuve ab. i was there about an hour ago. $1.76 a litre.

Top Bottom