Turbo pro custom intake!

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
Made a custom cold air intake for my turbo pro. Have a headlight delete and intake was behind there but in deep snow the steam off the engine would cause it to bog so i re routed it out the hood. I got a little carried away with the cut off saw now i need to fill the hole around the intake. Any suggestions? Thinking i might get a bit of snow falling in there or do you think it will be fine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 328

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy another hood and redo it. Now that you know where to put the hole, cut it out by heating a pipe and melting the hole size you need. Can also use a die grinder.Nicer than trying to rivet on plastic to cover up hole.

Limbo

Reaction score
Use plastic and duct tape etc. to fill the extra area for the first ride, once you know this is the setup you want buy new plastic and cut it exactly where you need.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
To come through where i needed it to it had to be there. Still woulda looked ****ty if i cut a circle because thats where the stock intake hole was. Never thought of heating a pipe and making a hole. Gonna fab up 2 aluminum plates tomorrow and powder coat em black then rivet them in. Dont think it will look to bad once done. Live and learn lol

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
Got the templates made and taped in place to give an idea of what it will look like once covered in with the aluminum plates

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 259

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use your template,make a screen/frame to fit there,then cover it with bug screen or frogz skin type stuff, then whamo a mistake suddenly turns into a " high performance heat extraction port"

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how loud (obnoxious) it will be from the cockpit. My MTNTK kit uses the stock air intakes and makes my ears ring.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
Summit tree thats a pretty good idea might try that out. See how it goes when i start fabing. Ya im kinda curious too. All i could really hear before was a bit of turbo with it behind the headlight and the bov. Im guessing it will be way more noticable now but who doesnt love listening to that turbo whistle?

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
Got the block off plates all fabbed up and installed. Think it turned out rather well. Doesnt look to bad to me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 110

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My t-pro has the straight intake pipe coming through the dash. I can tell you that once I start making boost I hear the intake far more than anything else. Buddy watched me climb a hill from a good distance and said even he could hear the intake.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My t-pro has the straight intake pipe coming through the dash. I can tell you that once I start making boost I hear the intake far more than anything else. Buddy watched me climb a hill from a good distance and said even he could hear the intake.

Here's a pic of adamg intake very nice cold air intake and not cutting any of the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom