Turbo Phazer

jmonay740

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and have a question.

I am looking at buying a turbo phazer. I am content with 150 hp because i love the handling and i love the low price tag even more. I can get one for between $7000 and $8000. I don't wanna drop the dough for a nytro or apex but really want a yamaha. Is there anything besides the handling that so many people hate and the lack of incredible power that should cause me not to buy one?

400hp

Reaction score
you can buy a used stock nytro for $8000 with the same hp as a turbo phazer....you also get a real track underneath!! Buy a nytro and save up for a low boost turbo that you can run pump gas and 15 pounds boost, stay away from the phazer if you do any deep snow mountain riding. Just my opinion.

confused?

Reaction score
My friend has a 09 nytro nice sled i ride a stock 2011 phazer rtx with no windshield nice sled doesnt get stuck if it does hope off push while putting it to the bar the seat is uncomfotable u will learn not to sit down i can only keep up with the nytro in tight trails its even wieght other that the top heavy nytro i wanna put a high proformance clutch on a 1.5in track move the speedo and new intake it doesnt sound good but my friend changed his in his 07 and it sounds dirty great sled tho i wanna put a turbo in once i get the money but my friend said it will only stress the parts... but a turbo phazer is like one of the nicest sleds in my opinion

Little Buddy

Reaction score
Honestly, you should ride a T Phazer before you buy...All the things that you like about the phazer in stock form are lost with the turbo instal.
I've had three of them 2 stock & one turboed.

Hard starting, barely idle & you'll have to learn a whole different riding style as the lag is horrible so you have to keep it at or around 7000rpm to keep it spooled a bit. At that RPM you are at nearly 80Km/hr. Tough to ride through the trees & avoid obstacles at that speed.

You will learn 2 things from owning a T Phazer.. How to ride like a S.O.B. & front end parts aren't free....:firefire:

Also, the stock track is a P.O.S. & Rear suspension isn't up to the task unless you are a 10yr old girl.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm me if u want my thoughts or still tossing the idea around, have had both stock and turbo phazers with mods

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one thing i wish i knew before buyin the girly a phazer. Lack of track choice.... 14 wide, not much for replacement or better tracks :mad:

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I have 151 x 2.313 x 14 camoplast extreme tracks in stock, Makes the sled actually work in the deep stuff. Also have a used supercharger for a phazer, next to nothing for miles on it, Stripping sled-Darren

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take that back, the info i was getting was a load i guess. hmm carry the rail extensions too? maybe ill see if i can talk her into that for next year. I just picked up the used 07 from you guys in the beginning of december.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and have a question.

I am looking at buying a turbo phazer. I am content with 150 hp because i love the handling and i love the low price tag even more. I can get one for between $7000 and $8000. I don't wanna drop the dough for a nytro or apex but really want a yamaha. Is there anything besides the handling that so many people hate and the lack of incredible power that should cause me not to buy one?
Yeah why not go nytro stocker and save up for a god MXC kit ??? just a thought......there are likely guys that would let you try out a turbo phaser before you buy.

confused?

Reaction score
I have 151 x 2.313 x 14 camoplast extreme tracks in stock, Makes the sled actually work in the deep stuff. Also have a used supercharger for a phazer, next to nothing for miles on it, Stripping sled-Darren

How do u like the supercharged phazer thats what i want to do to my 2011 rtx phazer and how does it compare to nytros and turbos

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What is needed to run the 151? What do you want for one? Thanks!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do u like the supercharged phazer thats what i want to do to my 2011 rtx phazer and how does it compare to nytros and turbos

It doesn't compare to a turbo Nytro :nono: But they are a fun ride if you are looking for a 150hp boondocker and they are sure easy to throw around. :d

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
If you install a supercharger on a RTX it would be a rocket, Just what the phazer was intended to be-the ultimate ditch banger. That is the same sled that Jimmy Blaze was doing the first back flip on a sled-Supercharged Phazer RTX and I rode that in the mountains and it was a gas. A STK Nytro would not compare and a Turbo'd Nytro is in a different league. I have a supercharger for a Phazer for sale-Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
What is needed to run the 151? What do you want for one? Thanks!

All that is required is a rail extension and 3 hrs-Retail they were 1322.50 and I would sell one for 895.00 canadian. Darren

confused?

Reaction score
If you install a supercharger on a RTX it would be a rocket, Just what the phazer was intended to be-the ultimate ditch banger. That is the same sled that Jimmy Blaze was doing the first back flip on a sled-Supercharged Phazer RTX and I rode that in the mountains and it was a gas. A STK Nytro would not compare and a Turbo'd Nytro is in a different league. I have a supercharger for a Phazer for sale-Darren

How much for the supercharger and how will it effect my milage and ect, also what will i need to do to install it in a stock phazer... just send me a message
'

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
For all the haters again.
I have 2 boosted PZ's. One with a 151 14 wide and one 153 14.75 wide.
They both rip hard and will put a smile on anyones face.
Apex front shocks are a must........the rear skid needs some preload and coupling for the beef. But a nice little ohlins works on the OEM skid and my second one has a Nytro MTX skid in it. Add some coupling and good to go.
Double high marking a m1000 is priceless :)

Enjoy
RS
YouTube - Turbo Phaser Race vs 2 Smokes

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know if jmonay ever did the Phazer turbo?

For a cheap boosted 4stroke a Phazer would be alright. Its not a mountain conquring, deep powder sled, but sounds like a lot of fun.

Lashcat

Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack, Climax how much weight are you running on your primary? I just installed a supercharger and I have to get my clutch set up.

Top Bottom