Turbo Oil Pressure Gauge.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone installing an oil Pressure gauge on there turbo's? Just thinking it would be a good safety to have. Are you just tying in to the line? T-ing off of it? Have heard of guys using Pressure switches and a Led Light, but unsure on the concept, and installation of something like that.

Mike

BIGTurboT

Reaction score
That's what I did on my Cat, just tee'd it in above the outlet of my oil pump. I can't see it while in operation, but its there if wanna look. Usually check it a couple times per day. Got a Marshall glycerine filled 0-15 PSI gauge at Mopac in Edmonton (Pt# 5215B) price was under $40, and it is twice the gauge it replaced (Autometer 0-15 dry) and half the cost! The type of bearings in the turbo will decide the max PSI of the gauge. Mine is a Garrett ball bearing (GT2860RS) pump pressure is from 3 PSI at an idle to about 7 PSI at the max. Sounds low but it pumps about a 8oz./min 0w-30 Amsoil...which is lots. Obviously with a brass bearing turbo, you gotta float the turbine shaft, hence higher oil pressure (upwards of 40 PSI). Seeing you have a TSS sled I'm sure you will have a Garrett GT28 series compressor. That is the gauge I would tee in.

Good luck

BIGTurboT

Reaction score
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Just a couple pics. Got a 90 deg. fitting coming out of the pump, then the tee with a barbed fitting in the opposite end that goes into the supply line. Gauge 90's outta the supply line at the tee. Tried to capture it in pictures as best I could but its a little tight to fit the camera in there.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a couple pics. Got a 90 deg. fitting coming out of the pump, then the tee with a barbed fitting in the opposite end that goes into the supply line. Gauge 90's outta the supply line at the tee. Tried to capture it in pictures as best I could but its a little tight to fit the camera in there.

Right on Thanks, was thinking something similar too, everything looks a little tighter on my kit but I'm sure I can find a place for it somewhere. My pump is behind the Turbo can't even see it from the side panel. Just nice to have that extra security!

BIGTurboT

Reaction score
Ya no worries mon

A guy could also mount the gauge somewhere up where you can see it when your rollin'. Put a tee in the supply line and run a small diameter nylon hose up to your gauge, connected on each end with compression fittings. It's all preference, if it fits under the hood I myself would just put it under there, it's definatley not a gauge that requires your constant attention. I know the Ski Doos are tight under the hood from factory, I can just imagine what it is like under there now!

Good luck

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do this on all my turbos, after the pump going down on one of my turbos its a cheap way to meep an eye on things, i just use a 0-15psi fuel pressure guage and tee inline your turbo pump hose..

Top Bottom