Turbo m1000 reeds

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I was having issues getting my AFElower then 13.1 so I started snooping around and found one of the intake boots had a big crack in it. No wonder I had to crank my numbers way up to try and keep the AFE down. Any ways I pulled the boot and notices a chip in the reeds. So now I'm looking for the best turbo reed out there. What did people use . Thanks

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A crack in a boot will decrease AFR on a boosted motor, not increase. A crack causes the engine to loose boost, ie less air to the engine, but the ecm will still inject the same amount of fuel for less air richening the mixture.

You may have found a couple different issues but not likely the one causing a lean condition. I would check out the fuel system first, change fuel filter then if it still does it check fuel pressure.

As for reeds I run the Boysen Reeds that fit back in the stock cage on my Turbo Pro RMK. But take another reed or old reed and cut the end of the petal off and then layer it on top of the full reed, it seems to keep them from opening to far and slamming shut chipping the ends.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The crack was like 3/4 of a inch long it's going to blow air and fuel out the crack . Well I will replace it and see what happens.

Top Bottom