Turbo insurance

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yes please check for yourselves people and thanks for reinforcing what I said, there is a lot of people that do not have coverage and think they do!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read this thread the other day and began wondering about my policy. I have mine insured through Got Toys - Oasis in Saskatchewan and was only carrying comprehensive (no collision). Went to my broker and started asking questions and I was always under the assumption I was covered if the sled was wrecked during transport (ie: roll my truck with the sled on the deck). I wasn't covered for that unless I have collision / upset. Added it on this morning.

Not sure about other companies, but make sure you check your policy closely.

SummitRider2014

Reaction score
You should check on that because wawanesa told me that as long as its not under its own power it is covered like falling off trailer or out of the back of the truck.

Yup, heard that as well. Same as if your garage burns down, your property insurance will cover your sled, not the fire n theft on the sled. Could be wrong but that's how I understood it.

Sent from my iPhone using

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to insure my turbo xm with collision in Saskatchewan, and so far looks like the only company willing to insure me is oasis for the crisp price of 1100.

Who are you guys insuring your turbo through?

And what are you paying?
I have a 07 apex s/c and all I carry is pl/pd and fire and theft and all I pay is 240 a year which saves me about a 1000 a year so what are u willing to spend and I have this on all my sleds.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welp got my final quite from Got Toys insurance... 1800 to insure my TSS xm with collision, 860 for just comprehensive with a 1000 dollar deductible. To me this is totally unreasonable.

I know people say "you have to pay to play" and I too am a believer in this but it gets to a point where it just doesn't make sense anymore.

For 2800 dollars (insurance for the year and deductible). I'm guessing I can completely rebuild the front end of the sled myself and or put an aftermarket tunnel if it gets crinkled.

860 dollars for theft is also a far cry from the 160 it costs to insure a stock xm... Apart from the boost gauge on the handle bars, my xm appears stock so you can't tell me it's of anymore attraction to theft unless the thieves themselves are sitting on it.

Anyways rant over. ( p.s all this whining and I still ended up putting theft because I had no choice... Even I'm not dumb enough to go to revelstoke Tomorow without insurance haha)

Ballard

Reaction score
I got full coverage on my 110 turbo for 685$ a yr. First place they looked at wanted 1500$. Aviva insurance is who i have.. Go through a broker and let them shop around.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you receive a discount for belonging to an ABCSnow club if you are in Saskatchewan. I know our insurance discount is huge for belonging to our Kokanee Country Snowmobile club. that is through Oasis

Top Bottom